AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport

Thread: s3 8p2 extras

Reverse Gear

Status

s3 8p2 extras

hey all i am sorry if this has been asked before but i have used the search button and couldnt find my answer. i am hoping to get a s3 8p2 next year sometime i was just wondering, what optional extras did audi offer from new? also do they come with electric fold
    in mirrors, armrest and cd changer as standard?

Thanks

Jake

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi Heaven

Status
    I am sure the items you list were all optional. The S3 does have a good spec as standard though...
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by audicruiser View Post
    I am sure the items you list were all optional. The S3 does have a good spec as standard though...
    oh really i thought they may of been standard. do you know where i could find a list of all the extras?

4th Gear

Status
    I believe they all had the armrest and electric mirrors(although folding was an option). As for cd changer, its 2011 man, get with the times!!
    Now:
    TTS, Leon Cupra R, MK2 Golf GTi 16v BB 3dr & MK4 Golf "GTi" 2.0 8v

Past:
    S3 8P3
    A3 2.0T
    S3 8L REVO
    306 Rallye
    Impreza STi8
    Leon Cupra R REVO
    S3 8L REVO
    Impreza T2000
    306 Rallye
    MK3 Golf GTi 8v
    & more in between

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by crunchie View Post
    I believe they all had the armrest and electric mirrors(although folding was an option). As for cd changer, its 2011 man, get with the times!!
    what extras would you recomend?

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeG View Post
    what extras would you recomend?
    Bose
    Nav
    Elec fold mirrors
    visibility pack (auto dim rear view mirrors & side mirrors + auto wipers & headlights)
    interior ligt pack

Bucket seats
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

Status
    The options lists have changed over time, for instance early 8P2 cars didn't come with flat bottomed steering wheel, it was a £250 pay option. From 08 it became standard equipment (as well it should).

Standard options include (from memory):

Electric mirrors (non folding)
    Heated front seats
    Leather interior
    Flat bottomed steering wheel
    Armrest
    Driver DIS with lap timer
    Quattro (Haldex)
    S3 Specific Suspension / Wheels / Brakes / Bumpers / Grille / Badging / Door sills / instrument cluster

I know after the facelift the options changed again (std ones), and on BE includes Nav / Bluetooth / Bose / Tints / Black Grille / Anthracite rims, but not sure what non BE covers - check Audi UK site.
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_cox View Post
    The options lists have changed over time, for instance early 8P2 cars didn't come with flat bottomed steering wheel, it was a £250 pay option. From 08 it became standard equipment (as well it should).

Standard options include (from memory):

Electric mirrors (non folding)
    Heated front seats
    Leather interior
    Flat bottomed steering wheel
    Armrest
    Driver DIS with lap timer
    Quattro (Haldex)
    S3 Specific Suspension / Wheels / Brakes / Bumpers / Grille / Badging / Door sills / instrument cluster

I know after the facelift the options changed again (std ones), and on BE includes Nav / Bluetooth / Bose / Tints / Black Grille / Anthracite rims, but not sure what non BE covers - check Audi UK site.
    thank you i just had a look on audi uk and spec a car. do the 8p2 come with the same options? as i would like the following: heated front seats
    armrest
    bose sound system
    flat based steering wheel
    bucket seats ( not to fussed)
    electric mirriors
    leather interior
    cd changer
    interior light pack

also am i right in think that the black grill is called optic black option? what else do you get with this option?

1st Gear

Status
    Surely a current brochure will answer all your questions.
    I bought a used 2010 and was fussy on colour ( Black Pearl only ), 'S' spec. , armrest essential, DSG essential, with half leather VERY comfortable heated seats and Bose. Would have liked folding mirrors as forever having to manualy fold them for the narrow lanes or conjested streets. Can live without auto-dimming. puddle lights and assorted gimmicks unless happen to have been on car chosen.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by WAFTER View Post
    Surely a current brochure will answer all your questions.
    I bought a used 2010 and was fussy on colour ( Black Pearl only ), 'S' spec. , armrest essential, DSG essential, with half leather VERY comfortable heated seats and Bose. Would have liked folding mirrors as forever having to manualy fold them for the narrow lanes or conjested streets. Can live without auto-dimming. puddle lights and assorted gimmicks unless happen to have been on car chosen.
    i reckon i will pop into audi tomorrow and pick up a brochure and have a little read.

Reverse Gear

Status
    i went to audi today and picked up a brochure. i now know all the standard and optional extras they have to offer my only question is are the options for the 8p3 the same as the 8p2?

3rd Gear

Status
    My 8P2 2007 57 plate has a big stupid round steering wheel instead of the flat bottom wheel. I will change this before long. It has electric mirrors (folding was an option) non Bose stereo etc. It has the interior light pack and the full leather recaro buckets. I don't really understand why Carlisle Audi who ordered the car new as a demo decided to order the very expensive buckets but not some of the cheaper options like the flat bottom wheel?!

When I was looking I found that most seemed to have full leather, bose and a lot actually had nav in them so keep an eye on Autotrader and I am sure you will get the spec you want.

Shark Performance Lancashire Dealer

Status
    Options on 8p2 and 8p3 are broadly the same, but nav and MFFBSW was not standard on early 8P2's.
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

Reverse Gear

Status
    thanks for the replys guys. i just read my post again about what extras i would like and now decided what i really want which is

armrest
    bose
    full leather seats (buckets would be a bonus)
    flat bottom steering wheel
    cd changer
    sat nav (not to important as might put my double din out of my current car in)
    electric fold in mirrors ( again wont put me off buying a car)
    they are the main must haves i would like these aswell put can aswell fit them myself

interior light pack
    black optic grill
    tinted windows

do you think i am being realistic or dreaming to much?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeG View Post
    thanks for the replys guys. i just read my post again about what extras i would like and now decided what i really want which is

armrest
    bose
    full leather seats (buckets would be a bonus)
    flat bottom steering wheel
    cd changer
    sat nav (not to important as might put my double din out of my current car in)
    electric fold in mirrors ( again wont put me off buying a car)
    they are the main must haves i would like these aswell put can aswell fit them myself

interior light pack
    black optic grill
    tinted windows

do you think i am being realistic or dreaming to much?
    Seems a reasonable list. I spotted a lot that had full leather (not buckets) sat nav and interior light pack.

Shark Performance Lancashire Dealer

Reverse Gear

Status
    thats quality will have to keep my eyes peeled thanks for all your help guys.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    You need these:

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge