Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    3rd Gear

Status

Another failed attempt :-(

I tried a while back to remove the lower console triangle handles to replace with new ones as they are looking a little worn. After removing the ashtray and the gear surround, I then found out that one of the nuts is located right at the back underneath the air-con unit and none of my sockets would fit.

Since then I found out on here I need an 8mm socket which I bought yesterday but I just cant seem to get the nut undone. Because of where it is, I'm finding it impossible to get any leverage to undo the nut.

Any tips?

I think that if I removed the air-con unit, that could help but not sure how to remove this either.

Cheers
    WANTED: S3 Side Skirts (3DR)

A3 S Line DSG TDi 140 (56) | Lava Grey | Groove & Drilled Discs | Green Stuff Pads | Eibach Sportline Springs | Eibach Spacers | Full heated leather | RNS-E 2010 MK2 | Rear Parking Sensors | Interior Light Pack | Heated Mirrors

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    The triangles either side of the gear stick have a Allen key slot underneath look right under you'll see it and also the 8mm nuts search for double din conversion either here or on google to get all the relevant 8mm bolts then use the Allen key.
    Hope this helps.
    SPEC: ebony pearl black ~ auto lights ~ auto wipers ~ half leather/suede interior ~ armrest ~ anti dazzle rear mirrior ~ coming home/ leaving home function.

MODS: flat bottom steering wheel ~ bluetooth ~ cruise control ~ rns-e ~ MY09 rear lights ~ s3 pedals ~ s3 air vents ~ LED interior light pack ~ facelift buttons ~ dension ~ SDS ~ Aliminium inlays ~ full grille conversion.

FUTURE MODS: lower ~ black edition rear ~ s-line/facelift front ~ black headlining ~ BBS CH-R or Speedlines.

5th Gear

Status
    the air con unit can be removed to help, Get a screw driver with a bit of tape wrapped around the end or a bit of cloth to undo the trim around the card holder assuming this is a double din.

When the trim around the trim around the card holder is popped out, You need to get your fingers on the air con panel from the top push down a bit to release and pull it out. Undo connectors and its out easy enough.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by Farhan; 24th October 2011 at 13:44.
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

3rd Gear

Status
    Superb, I'll try this.

Thanks

A3 S Line DSG TDi 140 (56) | Lava Grey | Groove & Drilled Discs | Green Stuff Pads | Eibach Sportline Springs | Eibach Spacers | Full heated leather | RNS-E 2010 MK2 | Rear Parking Sensors | Interior Light Pack | Heated Mirrors

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    get a socket extension bar?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme187 View Post
    get a socket extension bar?
    Most will need one of these. I'll see what it's like once the air-con unit is removed.