Starting to get really £ucked off now!!!!

Eeef

Lord of War
Reaction score
All I want to do is put a new stereo in my new A3 and have so far had 4 different versions from 4 different retailers.

Has anyone actually done this yet? I need the wiring adaptor harness and keep getting fobbed off.
Quick question, on the new A3, are all 4 speakers amped, or is it just the rears?

I've found this from CarAudioDirect which is what I think I need, although they then say I might need this instead???

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

I have new stereos in mine.. if only I'd find some time to check the connections for you, I will try today though.

Yes, but I was so feked off I wasn't going to answer it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Praise be to Audi and the wonder that is CanBus/Multiplexed wiring.

Remember a few years ago when ISO connectors were brought in to make it really easy to change the stereo? What a waste of fekin time.

Brought the adaptor loom (sp) from caraudiodirect, plugged it all together...£uck all, no lights, no sound and no dancing girls.

Phoned up Stirling in Portsmouth and was quoted an hours labour (£25 +).

Got it down there and the fitter knew what it was straight away. Had to run a live feed from the back of the fuse box and insert it into the new adaptor loom that i'd bought.

Turned it on and the radio reception was /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif so had to shell out for a booster.

Got in the car, closed the doors to drive off...../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif load of interferance when playing from the hard disk.

Car back in the workshop, took it all apart and ended up having to fit two RCA in line filters (£15 each!!).

Put the stereo back in, loads of interferance again...took it out and it was fine.
Put the stereo back in, loads of interferance again...took it out and it was fine.

Repeat the above until fitter looks severly cheesed off then discover that it's because the wiring is craply shielded, seperate wiring, put stereo back in and let out huge sigh of relief.

I'm not gonna change anything else ever.....

lol eeef geez that must had been hard work..

i never had any problems with my stereo..

the only one thing that was the problem was the center speaker which i just detached secured back in place so i didnt loose it or have a rattle and then the problem was gone...

sorry to hear about your problems but glad its all sorted now....