New S3 Owner - Upgrades

Oreo5000

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I am new to the forum and about to be a first time S3 owner.
I'm picking up a used white 2007 S3 with black RS wheels.

I just had a few questions if you guys wouldn't mind helping me out:
Has the body shape changed at all since the 2007 model, I was looking at the latest S3 and couldn't really tell.
If it hasn't then it possible to upgrade the standard Xenon Plus Headlights to the latest LED daylight running ones? and is it also possible to upgrade the rear lights to the new LED's?

Currently the car has a silver surround on the front grille. Can you replace this with a black one or would the entire grille need replacing?

Thanks for your help!
Nick

Last edited:
Nick best place to look is ebay, they have black and chrome bezels, you should be able to either change the rings or the grilles whole.

If you want to change the headlights you need to do bumper, bonnet & wings.
But if you do wings you need to do wing mirrors as the side repeaters move from wings to mirrors.
Bootlid has also changed but lights from 04-11 are all interchangeable.
Grille should be ok. You'll have to do black fog surrounds if you don't already have them as it looks daft.
Hope this helps.

If you want to change the headlights you need to do bumper, bonnet & wings.
But if you do wings you need to do wing mirrors as the side repeaters move from wings to mirrors.
Bootlid has also changed but lights from 04-11 are all interchangeable.
Grille should be ok. You'll have to do black fog surrounds if you don't already have them as it looks daft.
Hope this helps.
Ah, thanks Crunchie.

So basically front lights is doable but would cost a fortune and rear lights can easily be upgraded am I right?
Are there any other options for the front lights?

I think the fog surrounds are already black but I'll have to double check when I next see the car