Monster MotorsportVolks Autos

Thread: S3 CAI - ITG?

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status

Exclamation S3 CAI - ITG?

Hi guys.

Just been doing a search about CAIs on S3s but cant get a definitive answer?

Whats the best out there at the moment (i.e best power increase), ITG and Forge look good?

Has anyone got a definitive answer? I like the look of the ITG, but not sure if its the way to go. My car has S1 Revo and Autotech HPFP.

Also, if ITG is the one, anyone know where to get a good price on one?

Thanks!
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Was discussing this with Kev at Revo. Apparently the ITG was made in conjunction with the KO4, it seems that all the others were made and designed to be run with the KO3. You will obviously get a power increase with all but it seems the ITG will more than likely come out on top and give a higher reading.

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Humm, interesting. Thanks
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add pinterovski on Facebook
    Mate yesterday i drive my friends S3 with Forge CAI,he's got stage2 and the car is awesome to drive
    but a little less responsier than my S3 with ITG (also same remap stage2!)
    The numbers were also better with ITG! I love my ITG and all the noises
    Black roof,Tinted windows,Solar Orange Calipers,KW V3 Coilovers,
    HEKO Wind Deflectors,CAI ITG Maxogen,Non Res Supersprint Exhaust CB with custom Fi76mm DP,
    RevD with GFB DV+,Autotech HPFP,Custom SKN map Stage2,Forge ShortShifter,THS mounts,
    Twintercooler,Clutch is now on LOBA/SACHS!!!
    18 OZ Ultraleggera!
    365HP and 500NM of torque!

Morells
    im getting a stage 2 soon and wish i read this sooner as i have just bought the forge one pictures of it in my thread below. what are the numbers you'v got pinterovski?

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add pinterovski on Facebook
    I went for SKN remap stage2 with non res SS catback,ITG,Rev D and it shows 325PS 455NM without downpipe!
    I was really impressed but i got a huge clutch slip :/
    Black roof,Tinted windows,Solar Orange Calipers,KW V3 Coilovers,
    HEKO Wind Deflectors,CAI ITG Maxogen,Non Res Supersprint Exhaust CB with custom Fi76mm DP,
    RevD with GFB DV+,Autotech HPFP,Custom SKN map Stage2,Forge ShortShifter,THS mounts,
    Twintercooler,Clutch is now on LOBA/SACHS!!!
    18 OZ Ultraleggera!
    365HP and 500NM of torque!

Status
    ITG is loud and if you want a more moderate option the Forge is much more polite. Both are very good, but the ITG was astonishing at top end. What it lacks in beauty it makes up for in drama.
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    How loud is loud mate? Too loud for day to day driving? Whats it like on the Motorway? I do lots of communiting of the M62 you see, dont want it too loud at 20% etc throttle (ie motorway driving)

Quote Originally Posted by warren_cox View Post
    ITG is loud and if you want a more moderate option the Forge is much more polite. Both are very good, but the ITG was astonishing at top end. What it lacks in beauty it makes up for in drama.

Build Thread Here!

Status
    Hard to say as non resonated TBE makes things louder.

It tends to shut up when you back off the gas so it's not always slurping for air,
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    OK cheers guys. Was thinking will I be able to go to a Stage 2 Map just running HPFP Internals and ITG CAI? Or would I have to go for an exhaust as well? (don't really want an exhaust)

Build Thread Here!

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    OK cheers guys. Was thinking will I be able to go to a Stage 2 Map just running HPFP Internals and ITG CAI? Or would I have to go for an exhaust as well? (don't really want an exhaust)
    DP is a must afaik!
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    downpipe?

Build Thread Here!

Banana Menace!

Status
    Yes, As Ryan says, at least a down pipe is necessary for going Stage 2, Silky. Otherwise the car won't be able to breathe as it needs to. If you just buy the downpipe, your tail pipes don't need to look any different to standard. Just go to Stage 2+ and be done with it, ..you have your HPFP internals fitted now, lol! I have the Forge Twintake and love it to bits. From the research I did before I bought my CAI I believe the ITG will be as good and will give slightly better gains if anything over the Forge, but I wanted a blend of good looks, performance and noise levels that weren't too OTT. I'm a sucker for a bit of carbon fibre. x
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    downpipe?

Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Paullie View Post
    Yes, As Ryan says, at least a down pipe is necessary for going Stage 2, Silky. Otherwise the car won't be able to breathe as it needs to. If you just buy the downpipe, your tail pipes don't need to look any different to standard. Just go to Stage 2+ and be done with it, ..you have your HPFP internals fitted now, lol! I have the Forge Twintake and love it to bits. From the research I did before I bought my CAI I believe the ITG will be as good and will give slightly better gains if anything over the Forge, but I wanted a blend of good looks, performance and noise levels that weren't too OTT. I'm a sucker for a bit of carbon fibre. x
    OK, thanks Paullie. I take it you have fitted a downpipe then? So I wont need a full exhaust system i.e Milltek, to go with the downpipe? I can just keep the OEM one and roughly the same noise levels?

I'll look into the Forge one now, like you I dont want the noise to be OTT!

Build Thread Here!

Boycie

Status
    I have the ITG in mine along with the Forge BOV and milltek resonated system. The car is loud when you want it to be but I love it!

I went with ITG after talking to Kev from Revo as they were helping ITG develope the system. The originally used an EVOMS kit in their car and they by far preferred the ITG.

IMO the ITG looks the best, better engineered and sounds brilliantly - like darth vader on steroids!!

1st Gear

Status
    the itg is the way to go i had one when i do it all again itg will be on the mods list
    2008 imola s3 Gone
    2012 Daytona Grey RS3

Rarely neutral

Status
    I've got the ITG on mine as it gave the best overall gas flow for a BT car and unlike some here I've found it a lot quieter than the Forge it replaced but the BT may be a part of that.

4th Gear

Status
    ordered the ITG today, looking forward to getting it on the car ! also hoping it might cure my cars whistling between 3-4k
    8P S3