Before and After powerflow Exhaust....Videos inside....

I

imported_tobycruse

Hey guys, I have finaly got round to putting the before and after videos of my exhaust on my website. Feel free to have a look and listen!

EXHAUST VIDEOS

Excellent, now chip it and tell me the different /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Anyway, did you notice anything after changing? And those videos are hosted at some awfully slow site, I get modem speeds. I could host them at quite a bit faster place, if you PM me (at this rate I'll get them next week).

- Yak

Alright, sounds pretty good after powerflow, more rumble note /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. The pipes seem to stick out a bit too much in my opinion compared to the original.

Anyway, I've uploaded them to a faster place if anyone else wants to see them:

http://www.yak.iki.fi/a3/cruse/

- Yak

Good job Mr Cruse /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif, definitely sounds better than standard... found the videos amusing aswell, with you legging it to the accellerator pedal after pressing play on your camera lol.

Funny you should ask that yak, the car does seem to drive differently. The low revs seem much more responsive. More pully. For example coming off a roundabout in 2nd and i light touched the accelerator and the car just wanted to fly! But it feels a lot more pully in the low revs in 3rd and 4th. Not to mension in 6th on the motorway it went from 50 to 90 very happily!

Thank you so so much by the way yak for hosting my files!!! I didnt realise how slow my site was, i supose thats what u get when u get it for free!!

I was going to edit my videos but just couldnt be bothered so yea.....made me laugh too!!

cant download the files, says server is busy or files do not exist /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Got to think about later, the "original" part is recorded with a bit lousier camera than the "after" ?-)

Since at least my default sound isn't that bad as in the normal video /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. But anyway, the new one sounds better.

T.Cruse, does it pull better because you payed for it, or because it's real?-) Well, I guess either way it's a bonus /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I recorded both parts with the same camera and the same distance and both where the engine and exhaust are warm.

I had done around 18,000 miles before the exhaust was fitted so i know what my car is like. The does diffenatly seem to be a difference. The 2000 to 3000 band has a big difference, but just all round the low rpm the car feels more pully. Its nice!

Cruse, mmkay. .the quality of the first video is just a lot lower. I don't know, my exhaust doesn't sound that hollow, but perhaps your powerflow also sounds a bit better irl, so the difference is there anyway.

kkline, have you tested that chipping?-)

- Yak

Humm...Sounds good...I'm thinking of having this done also, but I was thinking more Miltek (if they ever decide to make one) However I must say those videos have impressed me.
Any chance of some videos of u rolling?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll be fitting a hand made roster exhaust second week of april, with 4 magnaflow 4" tips.

[/ QUOTE ]

to your Nova I presume?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!!

This will go down like a lead balloon in this thread,but I honestly wish they'd do something about noisy exhausts on cars.
Motorbikes have been chastised for this for years and their silencers must display a British standard mark.
It's easily checked,so any illegal exhausts will earn you a fine,or invalidate your insurance in the event of an accident.
Meanwhile,ars go unchecked and I have to listen to one particular local dickhead in his Civic Type R passing our house precisely at the time I'm trying to get a 2 year old to sleep.
The frequency/tone of his exhaust seems to vibrate right through the house.
Still,as long as he's happy with his 'look at me me me' accessory,which has liberated all of 2bhp eh ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

I complety understand what your saying bowfer. I too hate the people with the straight through super loud exhuasts. Its naff and doesnt sound that nice. The reason for me getting my exhaust and the same reason for people buying Astion Martins is that is sounds nice. NOT loud but just nice. When i drove my car after having the exhaust fitted it was no louder just deeper. The thing that really annoys me is that you spend close to £25k on a car and you turn the key for it to sound crap, a tinny little engine. Where by when i turn my key now it sounds warm and smooth. A nicer sound. Do you agree?

Sounds good to me. I've almost booked my exhaust.
Shall I just get a backbox? or full system?
I'll be chatting to the people that are going to fit it anyway (Powerflow near Lincolnsire near market raisin apparently) - Anyone had previous experience with them?

by getting a full system you will get a better sound. THe bigger the bore of the pipe the deeper the note. And this give more room for the car to "exhale". Enjoy!