RS3 Body kit anyone!?

Wow that looks awesome! Double grill is horrible! Any more pics? Was fitting and painting a bomb?

here are few pics off my iphone of mine, gotta say i love it
rs3.jpg

rs32.jpg

cheers chris

Need some black wheels now mate, and maybe an inch bigger. Thumbs up for not following the crowd, it looks very well done.

is it me or does it look like a little like a rally car on this pic? :think:

I think i'm beginning to understand why Audi didn't make a 3dr RS3. The front bumper just looks too much for the smaller/shorter body. Really needs 5 doors, imo.

Good effort though.

It just needs some width to counteract the length of the front bumper. Get some RS4 style arches and widen the track and you'll be on to a winner.

I think i'm beginning to understand why Audi didn't make a 3dr RS3. The front bumper just looks too much for the smaller/shorter body. Really needs 5 doors, imo.

Good effort though.

Ads you cant compare that bumper to a RS3 bumper theres a HUGE diffrence.. no offence Chris but it you messed up your car, looked miles better with the sline bumper.

This thread is so funny, I would just like to announce, I've also upgraded to the same bumper. Here is my car before:

Jessica-Alba.jpg

Here it is now, after:

plastic-surgery.jpg

I think you'll agree, the work has improved her no end :ninja:

Reactions: ~RS~, J8Y PW, MartayMcFly and 2 others
I thought one of reasons people pay a premium to buy an AUDI is because its exactly that, premium.
And that the performance flagships can be quite subtle.

I understand the tasteful swapping around of OEM and/or subtle approved or affiliated parts such as Votex/MTM etc..to personalise your car.

So I dont get why you would fit a `snarly` aftermarket front end, and then put the badges from another car on it?

Its neither subtle or premium??

Or.

Am I just too old for this forum?

Paul

Need some black wheels now mate, and maybe an inch bigger. Thumbs up for not following the crowd, it looks very well done.

cheers mate darker wheels are on the cards eventualy, i like to do my own thing n hate been a sheep n having the same as other people

Good effort though.

cheers mate future plans should make the total look alot diffrent
It just needs some width to counteract the length of the front bumper. Get some RS4 style arches and widen the track and you'll be on to a winner.

these are my future plans mate, 9.5 j rear wheels and 8.5j front wheels with archers flaired and rolled to suite

Ads you cant compare that bumper to a RS3 bumper theres a HUGE diffrence.. no offence Chris but it you messed up your car, looked miles better with the sline bumper.

tbh mate there isnt a huge diffrence granted they are diffrent , mainly mine is a more beefed up version, and imo i havent messed it up and have made it alot better, there are way to many s-lines and s3's arround thats why i wanted something diffrent and as i metioned before like to be diffrent from the crowd and like thing to stand out

everyone is entitled to there opinion and obviously not everyone is going to agree, and a value peoples opinions, but im over the moon with it and thats all that matters

chris

Head on the car looks stunning mate, but from the side the width looks a little off comaped to the back wheel. I think the bumper needs to come in abit bit more. Seriously considering this upgrade myself.

KK.jpg

here are few pics off my iphone of mine, gotta say i love it

rs32.jpg

cheers chris

Your car mate, but for me, thats horrible, I think you've made a good looking car look like a essex boy racer, not saying with snobbery either, it just doesnt look right at all, all IMHO.

100% behind these comments, not even same ball park.

This thread is so funny, I would just like to announce, I've also upgraded to the same bumper. Here is my car before:

Jessica-Alba.jpg

Here it is now, after:

plastic-surgery.jpg

I think you'll agree, the work has improved her no end :ninja:

LMFAO had me on the floor, sorry man but thats cracked me up lmfao.

IAm I just too old for this forum?

No mate, but are you still wearing the kini's.
For me, the solar orange car was always my favourite with black trimmings & an S3 SB would be great, buttt thats really left a bad taste in my mouth, sorry Chris, but acid dont agree with you fella :scared2:

I'll have the front bumpers you removed to put your kit on.

KK.jpg

I respect all mods because if you like them, then that's all that counts. I must say that Audi did not make the RS3 grill to look like that for a reason ;)

10/10 for doing your own thing.

You can see a lot of the front tyre tread, it seems all out at the front, and a bit thin at the sides. Do they do a side / back kit to balance things out?

A full kit is available but the rear is horrible and the sides are too big, like u say tho hopfully by end of the year I'll have 9.5 j rear wheels and 8.5j fronts and Flaired and rolled arches to suite .

I value all opinions but at the end of the day oem + has been done to death and I like to be diffrent and try thing others wouldn't
Chris

I just had to post this just for the entertainment factor lmfao

wtf_is_this_dog-214.jpg

Reactions: MartayMcFly
I think the reason I've tended to stick with OEM styling is because of the way it integrates so seamlessly into everything else.

I've only ever gone out on a limb with one car, the misses VW Lupo.

When we went to collect it from the local VW dealership it looked hideous!:
web.jpg

web.jpg

Hated black plastic bumper bits / arch gaps / alloy wheels being so small, so I had it sent to RSD in Daventry the day we collected it and they offered me some styling options for it. One option was a Caractere body kit or Zender grille kit, and neither seems to integrate well with the car, so we just ended up having the existing bits sprayed, new wheels, lowered and some basic tweaks to finish it off. We then had OEM rear spoiler fitted just to sharpen back end up.

It's as extreme as I was ever prepared to go, but it's put me off doing anything since bodywork wise. Ironically whilst the wife preferred the way it looked in the end, the ride was catastrophic, but thats another story. This was back in 2001, so it all looks a bit tame by todays standards!

web.jpg

web.jpg

There's still time N8, get yours done before it comes back from the bodyshop ;-)

The mod that keeps on giving....

I'm thinking of getting that velvet quilt on my engine with a nice bit of string to the hottest part of the engine.

The bodykit looks nice on the Black A3 but it looks half done, which makes it not so nice, like theres something missing, beside the 2.5t beast.

But looking at people in asda car park taking pictures on their camera phones is what I find satisfying as it create conversation and shock when they find out its a 2 wheel drive diesel running 170bhp!

Its only the Asda/Macdonald's car par pikeys that like this stuff. Who else is going to be surprised that a barried up car covered in tat is actually a tractor engined hatchback?

That orange thing is just hideous, it makes my eyes hurt.

Last edited: