Bad news from sweden....

I

imported_trident21

I had a fight with a snow wall today.... I Lost. The car needs some fixing. Changing the hole right rear side and therefor some painting. So when the insurance company pays for the painting, its a good idea to paint some more. So witch rear spoiler and side skirts are the best looking...

I like the votex, but maybe some of you guys can lead me in another direction? So witch is the one?

Sorry to hear the bad news! On the plus side looks like your cars going to get some new clothes out of it!

Hope it all gets sorted out quickly for you.

J.

At least some good things are happening... I got some stuff from Audi today... The alu interior witch is already installed, and those...
Pedaler.jpg

But I think i´ll wait until the car is back in normal shape....

Are those slippery btw? Using the standard pedals, ice covers them sometimes at winter, and it's really painful to drive with tennis shoes or with black suit shoes (whatever those are called in English /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif).

And does someone have tips for the above?-) Quite painful to drive when keeping clutch at the bottom is nearly impossible /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

- Yak

Sorry to hear the bad news, Yak. As others on this board, I am confident you will do the best with the situation.

Have you had a look at Caractere? They make a nice rear lower bumper, and they also offer a roof spoiler.

As for the pedals, what kind of advice are you seeking? Do you want to "raise" the clutch pedal, in order to not have to push it so far?

They look very nice... are they listed as Audi accesories? Is there a dead pedal as well (driver's foot rest)?

TIA,
Ben.

JaminBen, no, raising it wouldn't make any difference. It's so slippery that it would have to be modified-Toyota-clutch to use it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I was thinking more of better pedals, or something to cover them for winter time (something natural rubber for example?).

Hi would somebody happen to have the part numbers for the alu pedals shown in this thread and also for the dead pedal?

and are these the exact same parts used in the ´05 golf gti?

and do they fit also audi as well?

I´m seriously thinking of ordering this type of accessories if they fit to my a3 tdi sportback.

thanx in advance for the info.

Golf GTI
1K0 721 131 4J4 - Brake pedal
1K1 721 601 4J4 - Klutch
1K1 721 503N - Gaspedal
8N1 864 777 A 4PK - Dead Pedal Audi TT

Those are the partnumbers that I bought. I don´t know if the Audi TT Dead pedal fits, some guys at www.motor-talk.de has used a modified TT dead pedal, but I aint happy with the resault!

thanx for the info trident21.

so I assume that you have already installed these to your car??

can you post pics?

and they fitted perfectly?

this is for sure a diy project at least the brake pedal and clutch.

how is the gas pedal attached and how do you get the old one away, since i´m not that keen on going to the local dealer for this type of minor project i´ll rather do it my self.

(and what tools are needed for the old gas pedal de-assembly and for the new ones installment)

one more thing concerning the dead pedal now correct me if i´m wrong but doesnt the golf gti also have the dead pedal so would this also fit the audi ?

cheers

and one more thing how much did you pay for these parts ?

I checked the motortalk site from germany and found the prices for the parts in germany

7 € for the brake pedal
7€ for the clutch
60 € for the gas pedal

and when I called my local dealer (finland)
17,8€ for the clutch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
17,8€ for brake pedal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
116€ for the gas pedal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

imho the prices from my local dealer are seriously outrageous

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif!

have to think of a cheaper way I´m not going to pay twice as much judt for the fun of it.