coil pack recall

shamrock

Reaction score
I recently heard that there was a recall on the coils. My car still has the original coils and perhaps they are causing my engine misfire. I can find no posts on the issue of the coil recall. There used to be threads on this issue but no longer. Can anyone direct me to where there is legitimate info on this subject. When I talk to my dealer he just shrugs it off. Audi S3 2008

Thanks Bart

Can you direct me to the thread, please? Is there a legit form expressing the recall that I can show the garage. There are only 13 S3 in my country. Thanks!!

My old 07 plate 2.0T's coils got done under recall when it was in for its last service in March.
Just got my 58 plate S3 back from service yesterday but there was no recall for coils or exhaust valve springs as I specifically asked about both.
When they put your chassis number into their computer it will tell them.
Hope this helps.

I had my 2.0T Quattro serviced and in for a cambelt 4 weeks ago at audi and they told me while it was there they changed all the coils free of charge, they didnt say anything about a recall but they were happy to do it.

However My friend had a 2.0TDI 170 that when they car broke down he took it to audi a few months back (07 plate), audi charged him £850 to sort it out.(just the coils) which seems a bit steep but they did :/

So id just give them call to check :)

They changed mine when it was in for a cambelt change a few months ago.
I didn't have to ask, they just did it.
2006 2.0T.

I had my 2.0T Quattro serviced and in for a cambelt 4 weeks ago at audi and they told me while it was there they changed all the coils free of charge, they didnt say anything about a recall but they were happy to do it.

However My friend had a 2.0TDI 170 that when they car broke down he took it to audi a few months back (07 plate), audi charged him £850 to sort it out.(just the coils) which seems a bit steep but they did :/

Coilpacks on a diesel??

I can confirm there is no coilpack recall on S3s. I'm having a misfire issue also but it seems to be the plugs rather than the coilpacks (I replaced the coilpacks and it made no difference). I still need to get VCDS on it though.

However My friend had a 2.0TDI 170 that when they car broke down he took it to audi a few months back (07 plate), audi charged him £850 to sort it out.(just the coils)

I'd be asking questions about that haha. See if they can produce any part numbers......

A diesel wont have coil packs, not sure what they will have changed. Injectors?

Anyone know where I can see documentation of the recall information in order to have proof for the switch at my garage?

Anyone know where I can see documentation of the recall information in order to have proof for the switch at my garage?
just call your audi dealer and they will tell you

Hi Guys

bought a 2003 s3 a few weeks ago, on the off chance i popped into AUDI Glasgow to ask if the packs on the car had been changed?.

the havent.

cars now booked in to have them booked them changed foc result. having to pay £15 for car from them still think its a great result.:laugh::arco: