K&N Panel filter

I wouldn't bother, your unlikely to get any gains & there is the chance your MAF can get oil contamination from it.

I've got a 2.0TDI 140. Although different engine I put a k&n panel filter in and didn't notice any difference. Maybe on the rollers it might make 1 or 2 horses but it's not noticeable (on my diesel anyway)

Would it be better to fit an induction kit?? and are the MAF troublesome on the 3.2??

i have fitted a cold feed straight to the standard airbox,removed the restrictive mesh inside and modified the intake at the top of the box too,im also using a BMC panel filter,this together with a milltek cat back and AMD map gives mewell over 270hp,quarter mile of 13.8 and a 0-60 of 5.2 seconds

I wouldnt say the MAFs are troublesome on the 3.2 specifically its just been suggested the system VAG uses can get coated in oil particles from oiled MAFs. For example, on my 2.0 FSi, the filter is only a few inches away from the MAF so i'd prefer not to take a chance. That coupled with reports that a clean OEM filter has the same flow rate as oiled ones.

I've read that induction kits may help the turbo FSi breathe better proviing the air is kept cool but i'm not totally convinced any gains would be worth the cost.