keyed

rOb_A

Reaction score
some kind person left me a gift in the car park at work today....

I nice key scratch on my driver door

sorry to swear everyone but F*CKIN AR*EH*LES!!! why do they do this :shrug: second time it has happened in about 2 months

ah man soz to hear about this bud ever thoguht about getting the train/bus to work to save it happening again or do you have to drive to work , could it be someone in your work ??

thanks lad, can't get to work without my as too difficult, plus have to use it for sometimes. Yep got be someone at work who's got it in for me maybe... god knows why!!:shrug: will ask the guys at work if they can check the CCTV but as always say the never see anyone. a girl a work got her coopers scratched about 2 weeks ago. will have to find another place to park!!!

same as me mate it takes me 20 mins to drive into work or nearly an hour to go on the train not that much difference in price nowadays either so rather drive my own car lol , yeah got to be mate if its happened twice i would park else where in future tho

From Pulp Fiction - a classic quote:

Lance: Still got your Malibu?
Vincent: Aw, man. You know what some ****er did the other day?
Lance: What?
Vincent: ****ing keyed it.
Lance: Oh, man, that's ****ed up.
Vincent: Tell me about it. I had it in storage for three years, it was out for five days and some dickless piece of **** ****ed with it.
Lance: They should be ****ing killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.
Vincent: Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that ******* doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it.
Lance: What a ****er!
Vincent: What's more chicken**** than ****ing with a man's automobile? I mean, don't **** with another man's vehicle.
Lance: You don't do it.
Vincent: It's just against the rules.

One Team

Reactions: MrWhItEwOlF, DJ-S3, The Engineer and 1 other person
That's not good Especially if it's happened before. I always try and park on an end bay and tucked right up to the curb so at least only one side is vulnerable to attack as oppose to both sides.

Sorry to hear,I hope it was a key and nothing sharper as a deep scratch isn't an easy fix.

thanks for the replies. will get some pics up tomorrow, so that can get some views in the best/cheapest way to repair. Hoping someone like these mobile dent removal guys can have a go. anyone used these types of companies??

I don't know what I'd do if I saw someone key my car - I think I was scary enough when I interrogated some woman who opened her door into my brand new S3.

it can always be worse but yep IT PI55ES ME WELL OFF. sorry for the swearing!! :sorry:

as promised, photo's of my new livery!!
do you think one of these dent removal guys will be able to paint these in? instead of going to a body shop.

second photo is worst, as it quite deep.

its not fair :(

barstewards how deep is it because one of us detailers might be able to get it out dude is there any round your area ??

yep its deep! will need to be filled imo. the 1st pic (o/s rear door) is not too deep. the 2nd pic drivers door they meant, no ways about it.
not sure if any good detailers around my way. maybe someone on here can help? i'm in cheshire but work in Sale

I'd actually rather that someone tried to nick it. Keying is just mindless bull**** and they should be shot.

In fact, when the revolution comes, they're first against the wall.

defo thinking of letting it go, as it's been bumped and keyed a lot in the past 12 months... shame it i like it, not really into 4 doors but the SB it the best looking imo.

I hate to hear of this kind of mindless damage of people's property, that decent spuds put all their care and hard earned into, just for some jealous barsteward to come along and do THIS!!! Makes me so mad, it really does. Hope you manage to get it fixed without too much trouble, dude and I hope doing this to your lovely car made the flukker feel good about him/herself, ..NOT. :( x

thanks for the above. will try and get them sorted next week, them get the polish and wax out :yes:

Don't know where you are but some of these smart repair guys could make a good job of repairing it. My father in law had a chips away guy fix some awful scratches on his car and you would never know it had happened. These guys are hit and miss though so try to get a first hand recommendation for someone in your area.

Going on the pics I doubt that could be fixed by a detailer. The scratch looks too wide so the process of softening the edges to avoid light reflection wouldn't really work. If you ask me it's a fill, wet sand and polish job rather than a full panel respray.

I feel for you. Not nice to have this happen, especially when you suspect it could happen again after getting it fixed. It's probably little consolation but it actually looks like an accidental scratch as when people key they usually go right along a panel.

thanks for comments 1inch. it was defo inflicted as my car was parked next to colleagues car all day. some one got it in for me. will check out chips away thou thanks

Damn man, ungrateful people suck! Get a camera inside your car and find out whos got it in for you and then pay him a nice visit lol

Sorry to hear that pal!
Unfortunately we can't always pick who we work with.

I had my front bumper damaged in the work car park and that was only two weeks into ownership.

thanks for all the support everyone :friends: not letting it get the better of me. I'm having someone look at this week, so hopefully it get repaired as soon as.. then a get it a good clean and wax :racer:

Had this happen to my old car a few years ago, but the scratches went the whole length of the car. Thought I could live with it and around as if nothing was there but had to get the whole sides resprayed costing me an arm and a leg :-(