Genuine or Reps RS6's

Graham89

Derv Perv
Reaction score
Hope someone can help me. I have bought a set of 4 RS6 alloys 18's and wondering if they are real or reps. My first impression was replicas due to price I paid for them. However on the back of the spokes it has the name 'Ronal' and also has an Audi badge along with the size etc. is this a sign to say I've got lucky and bagged some genuines?
Any help appreciated. Sorry if in wrong section please feel free to move
Graham.

soundlike the real macoy to me mate .

Do you know the offset of the wheels. If they are ET54 then they are probably genuine. Reps usually have a lower offset.

They sound genuine though.

Here are some pictures

fe7ba674.jpg

06dfea83.jpg

edc07581.jpg

Yeah they look genuine. BUT the only thing that makes me question if they really are genuine is that the wheels sit quite flush to the arches, especially noticable on the rear in the 3rd pic. Reps do this because of their lower offset. My genuine RS6s sat further in due to the higher offset.
Have you got spacers fitted?

.....unless they're genuine A4 wheels. They have a lower offset.

What is the part number stamped on the wheels.

That was with 245 tyres on and 5's up so it sat right in the arches. They scrubbed on corners with people in the back so I've put 225's on the rrear and now no scrubbing. I thought they was genuine after closure inspection they have part numbers and Audi badges on the inside spoke

Anyone know where I can get 1 centre cap as 1 is missing. Thanks

Did they have 245 tyres on them when you bought them??
If so, this would have me believe even more that they are off of an A4.

Fronts were 225/40/18 and rears were 245/40/18. The chap I got them from said he had them on a van I believe but I can't say for sure as I never saw them on the van. Out of interest then what is the difference between A4 to RS6 alloys. I'm pretty new to Audis etc.

The A3 RS6 alloys are 7.5J wide, offset is ET54 (so will sit further in on the car)
The A4 RS6 alloys are wider - 8J wide, offset is ET43 (so will sit further out on the car)

The part number for the A3 wheels is 8P0 601 025 S
And for the A4 wheels it is 8E0 601 025 AD

I'll double check them tonight :)
Is there a preference which ones to go for? Just info i could do with if I decide to sell them soon.
A4/A3 anyone better than the other etc?

The A4 alloys will look and sit nicer because of their offset and also being slightly wider.
The A3 alloys sit too far in, in my opinion. That's what I used to hate about mine.

I had the A4 ones on my old A3 and the 43 offset and 8" width made them sit so well.
My biggest hate about my S3 is the pathetic 54 offset wheels.

I had a quick peep under he car at the back of one of the alloys and it has 8j and some other numbers printed. I'm assuming these are indeed the 8J wheels. Cheers for the advice people!

Check all 4 wheels are the same size mate. You mentioned that two of the wheels came with 225 tyres and two came with 245. You want to make sure that you haven't got two A4 and two A3 alloys.

From looking at your pics they two I can see do look like A4s though.

If you peeked behind the wheels, then you should at least see the Audi logo stamped on them, to indicate that they are OEM.