Ebay Spoilers ...

MurdochA3

Reaction score
Are these boot spoilers that you see on ebay any good? Its for an SE & im struggling to find a genuine one. Im just not sure about the material used to make them and the fact that the majority are from Poland/Russia etc puts me off. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Cheers!

Have a quick search there loads of threads Most say to avoid them and alot of members have had issues with them and ended up going for oem ones.

thanks mate, i think its probably best to avoid to be honest. You wouldnt happen to know anywere/anyone were i can get hold of an OEM would you? I can find the Votex but I think it looks too aggressive for my taste. Cheers.

thanks mate, i think its probably best to avoid to be honest. You wouldnt happen to know anywere/anyone were i can get hold of an OEM would you? I can find the Votex but I think it looks too aggressive for my taste. Cheers.

No worries fella. There an S3 bootlid on ebay ask the seller if he wiling to sell you the spoiler. S3/S-line are the same spoiler.
Pm Dave @ Stoke Audi on here he will be able to sort you out

OEM all the way!
i just purchased a OEM Votex one off a fella here on ASN. He charged me £100 which is a bargain!
Have a look on stoke audi or just try search for tailgate on ebay. you might be able to pick one up and just take the spoiler off it!

but definately need to go for OEM as other ones (especially on ebay) have issues of not fitting correctly, not being able to paint properly due to the glass fibre materials etc.

Hi mate, is it a 3 door or sportback you have? End of next week, i have original audi sportback votex spoilers coming in, BNIB, RRP £220 from Audi. Part number 8P90716409AX. I am doing them at a great price. These are 100% Audi OEM and not no cheap far east imports. They come already primed ready for spraying, as seen here Audi A3 Roof Spoiler - Stoke Audi Parts

PM me if interested fella, cheers.

well, theres the S-line and S3 spoiler which look pretty much exactly the same, then i think there is the normal A3 spoilers (which are pretty plain and not as big) and then theres the votex spoiler which has a more squarer shape on the sides)

Correct me if im wrong but I dont think that sportback spoilers fit 3 door ones do they?

No mate, sportback spoilers will not fit 3 door models.

S3/S-line spoiler cost about £200-£230 brand new from a dealer. Votex ones are cheaper but as you said more square than the S3/S-line one. Best place to keep checking ebay a few members go there spoilers off there for bargains!

Hi mate, is it a 3 door or sportback you have? End of next week, i have original audi sportback votex spoilers coming in, BNIB, RRP £220 from Audi. Part number 8P90716409AX. I am doing them at a great price. These are 100% Audi OEM and not no cheap far east imports. They come already primed ready for spraying, as seen here Audi A3 Roof Spoiler - Stoke Audi Parts

My votex spoiler cost me £150 from my local dealer Cardiff and Stoke Audi sell them at £130.

Yeah just keep looking mate, you will find a bargain if you look properly! :)
I got my Votex one for £100 brand new in original audi packaging!
Best of luck!

Ive got a 3 door mate, im struggling to find one its a joke. I'll have to keep looking its doing my head in ...

Ive got a 3 door mate, im struggling to find one its a joke. I'll have to keep looking its doing my head in ...

I know the feeling. After months of trawling Ebay and on some occasions being messed about by traders such as Vwaudiusedspares and even worse by some con artist in Wolverhampton who didn’t even know the tailgate he was selling for £100 had an S-Line spoiler (when I struck a deal and informed him he then claimed he couldn’t find the tailgate and re-advertised it for £150). I did come close to buying a spoiler from a German company called Hofele but the price was fairly close the price of an S-Line/S3 spolier from an Audi dealer, so in the end I bought it from Audi. It cost just over £230 and comes primered but before it could be fitted to my car two lugs designed for fixing to an S-Line/S3 had to be cut off.

When I took it to a local body shop for painting and fitting the owner congratulated me on getting an original and said a few weeks earlier he had a similar request to paint and fit a copy made from fibreglass and he said it was a poor fit.

If you have patience you may be able to strike up a deal with VWandudispares as they did originally agree to sell me the spoiler off this tailgate for £100. But be warned they do um and ah and mess you about. Audi A3 Tailgate | eBay

Then there is the Mick Taker from Wolverhampton. He has mysteriously found this tailgate again, check out the revision on 12th Sept, that is when I informed him it had an S-Line spoiler. Disreputable sort in my opinion but if you want to take a chance here is the link AUDI A3 2.0 TDI TAIL GATE/BOOT LID (RED) | eBay

Or maybe you would be interested in this impressive looking model from Hofele Design in Germany. I very nearly bought this for £180 inc delivery and postage. Hofele Design Premium Tuning & Styling for Audi & VW

I know the feeling. After months of trawling Ebay and on some occasions being messed about by traders such as Vwaudiusedspares and even worse by some con artist in Wolverhampton who didn’t even know the tailgate he was selling for £100 had an S-Line spoiler (when I struck a deal and informed him he then claimed he couldn’t find the tailgate and re-advertised it for £150). I did come close to buying a spoiler from a German company called Hofele but the price was fairly close the price of an S-Line/S3 spolier from an Audi dealer, so in the end I bought it from Audi. It cost just over £230 and comes primered but before it could be fitted to my car two lugs designed for fixing to an S-Line/S3 had to be cut off.

When I took it to a local body shop for painting and fitting the owner congratulated me on getting an original and said a few weeks earlier he had a similar request to paint and fit a copy made from fibreglass and he said it was a poor fit.

If you have patience you may be able to strike up a deal with VWandudispares as they did originally agree to sell me the spoiler off this tailgate for £100. But be warned they do um and ah and mess you about. Audi A3 Tailgate | eBay

Then there is the Mick Taker from Wolverhampton. He has mysteriously found this tailgate again, check out the revision on 12th Sept, that is when I informed him it had an S-Line spoiler. Disreputable sort in my opinion but if you want to take a chance here is the link AUDI A3 2.0 TDI TAIL GATE/BOOT LID (RED) | eBay

Or maybe you would be interested in this impressive looking model from Hofele Design in Germany. I very nearly bought this for £180 inc delivery and postage. Hofele Design Premium Tuning & Styling for Audi & VW

Thanks for the info fella, that Hofele spoiler looks smart. I may spoil myself if i get sick of looking, or im thinking of saving the money and using it for grille conversion instead. Has anybody ever bought one of these? Hows the fit, etc etc? Ill keep scouring ebay but im gettin sick. Wish id just bought an 06+ s line and id be done with it!

Sorry to bring up an old thread. But a question to anyone that has bought a genuine spoiler, could anyone tell me where abouts on it is the part number located as iv bought a painted one off e ay and the seller assures me it's genuine but I can't find a part number printed on it...? Any help appreciated please guys

Dan