RNS-E Retrofit Questions & Advice

Farhan

Reaction score
Right all i was looking into fitting an RNS-E soon and running the alpine module for ipod videos etc. I just needed to find out some specific stuff so i can get a list together of what i need.

i plan to go for a simple MK1 set up, I wanted to keep all my current car options working with the rns-e. (I also intend to fit a MFSW)

I have the factory fitted dash cradle with bluetooth, Bose and a double din Concert stereo.

I would obviously need the unit itself but are there other components i need like a harness and any additional items for the bose and bluetooth. Just to note i have the factory fitted shark fin aerial.

Thanks

Hi Farhan, get a kufatec harness with all options even if you dont have it. but from ur post i see u already have most of the options ie bose bluetooth. link below:

KUFATEC GmbH & Co. KG - RNS E Adapter Audi 33405

If your sharkfin is not GPS(dont know whether they did one that isnt) then you will also need a GPS antenna. i just got a internal one and stuck it behind the clocks and i get full signal.

You proberly need a IMA adaptor for the alpine module. not sure about this as i have a gateway 100 which takes the place of a cd changer.

And of course some VAGCOM coding required to get it all working properly.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, Just checked that link and im just confused by the last selection of the unit i have. I have an 08 with the double din concert 2 what radio would i select on there.

Is there any re pinning involved, I searched thoroughly for RNS-E installs but obviously with the vast range of units i didnt come across any guides or advice specific to my unit and optional extras

The Bose pin needs to be moved (well it did going from Symphony to RNSE).

Does the Concert HU come with shark fin on roof?

The easy answer is to cut your losses and get the resident expert in when he returns from hospital (NHN Nige!)

The Bose pin needs to be moved (well it did going from Symphony to RNSE).

Does the Concert HU come with shark fin on roof?

The easy answer is to cut your losses and get the resident expert in when he returns from hospital (NHN Nige!)

Yep, well in my car it does lol. I didnt even know what the fin done at first until i bought my iphone 4 cradle and started making use of it.

you know what....that symphony unit looks identical to mine! BUT I swear my one says concert. going to run down and check lol

ok just double checked and it looks identical to your symphony unit but mine says Audi concert why does my car always have the awkward set ups :uhm:

Last edited: