AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    5th Gear

Status

RNS-E Retrofit Questions & Advice

Right all i was looking into fitting an RNS-E soon and running the alpine module for ipod videos etc. I just needed to find out some specific stuff so i can get a list together of what i need.

i plan to go for a simple MK1 set up, I wanted to keep all my current car options working with the rns-e. (I also intend to fit a MFSW)

I have the factory fitted dash cradle with bluetooth, Bose and a double din Concert stereo.

I would obviously need the unit itself but are there other components i need like a harness and any additional items for the bose and bluetooth. Just to note i have the factory fitted shark fin aerial.

Thanks
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Hi Farhan, get a kufatec harness with all options even if you dont have it. but from ur post i see u already have most of the options ie bose bluetooth. link below:

KUFATEC GmbH & Co. KG - RNS E Adapter Audi 33405

If your sharkfin is not GPS(dont know whether they did one that isnt) then you will also need a GPS antenna. i just got a internal one and stuck it behind the clocks and i get full signal.

You proberly need a IMA adaptor for the alpine module. not sure about this as i have a gateway 100 which takes the place of a cd changer.

And of course some VAGCOM coding required to get it all working properly.
    Last edited by BlueSpark; 19th October 2011 at 19:49.
    Ron
    Audi A3 8P2 2.0Tfsi S-Line Special Edition Bluefin

3dr Mauritius Blue || Full Leather|| BOSE || MFSW || Auto Lights/Wipers || Auto Dim Rearview Mirror || Heated Mirrors
    Mods: S3 Aluminium Pedals || S3 Vents || 2010 RNSE || OEM Bluetooth || Dension Gateway 100 || MY09 Rear Lights || Single Xenon Headlights

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks for the info, Just checked that link and im just confused by the last selection of the unit i have. I have an 08 with the double din concert 2 what radio would i select on there.

Is there any re pinning involved, I searched thoroughly for RNS-E installs but obviously with the vast range of units i didnt come across any guides or advice specific to my unit and optional extras
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

Status
    The Bose pin needs to be moved (well it did going from Symphony to RNSE).

Does the Concert HU come with shark fin on roof?

The easy answer is to cut your losses and get the resident expert in when he returns from hospital (NHN Nige!)
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_cox View Post
    The Bose pin needs to be moved (well it did going from Symphony to RNSE).

Does the Concert HU come with shark fin on roof?

The easy answer is to cut your losses and get the resident expert in when he returns from hospital (NHN Nige!)
    Yep, well in my car it does lol. I didnt even know what the fin done at first until i bought my iphone 4 cradle and started making use of it.

Status
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

5th Gear

Status
    you know what....that symphony unit looks identical to mine! BUT I swear my one says concert. going to run down and check lol

ok just double checked and it looks identical to your symphony unit but mine says Audi concert why does my car always have the awkward set ups
    Last edited by Farhan; 19th October 2011 at 20:53.