8p2 s3 standard alloy question / pic request

K13 ASJ

Reaction score
i put my standard alloys in to be painted gloss black today, my question is what size is the center cap i.e the very center bit that is inside the chrome rim (the grey plastic bit with the audi rings), i would like to know this for buying black ones, if there even removable that is? would also like to see any pics of what the wheels look like when done black, and what other people have done regarding the center caps.

Incase anyone is wondering its these wheels

s31.jpg

Hi mate, ive got standard alloys (not the same as yours, but ive had mine painted gloss black too but left the centre caps grey. Didnt know you can pick up black centre caps :S

makes a big difference to the car right?

33mbeiq.jpg
1zow11w.jpg

There's some on eBay. 60mm I think most the alloys are not sure about S3 ones though..

hmmm why not go out and measure it ? :thumbsup:

your car looks great mate, black wheels make a huge difference. My wheels are at the painters at the min or i would of just measured it instead of posting here. I was hoping to buy the center caps and have them here by the time i get the wheels back..
I may just wait untill i get them back before buying the center caps, unless anyone knows a definate size?

Cheers bud. Im going for the Lava Grey and the Gloss Black look! :)
Blue and black will look amazing :)
yeahhh post some pictures on here when you get it back mate!

Here is my wheels after being painted.. turned out the centers are not removable and are part of the nut cover bit, luckily the chrome bits are removable and my painter managed to do them black.... also had the inside's done satin black.. heres a couple of pics..

e9ad2c7c.jpg

150efb20.jpg

ceda08d2.jpg

Reactions: Kelza