Bose Stereo Issues

JasonM

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just got my sport sportsback 2.0tdi, coming from an S3.

This time round I've opted for the bose & noticed that the radio seems to hop a bit, Radio 1 is rock solid, though stations like chiltern (i live in the SE) see to jump about i.e. to other stations - anyone experienced this ?

No I havent, have you tried the sensitivity, ie. local or not local stations?

[ QUOTE ]
On recent cars (certainly from July 2004) the GALA option on the BOSE units was replaced by something called Dynamic Noise Compensation which, according to the manual, cannot be adjusted.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's whay I thought, that Bose didn't have Gala function. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I've had an issue with Radio 1 where I turn my car back on after being off for a bit and it has picked up the local BBC instead of Radio 1 - such as BBC Herts or BBC Oxford. I just have to hit the preset station (number 1) and it will find Radio 1 again. Odd but not particularly annoying.

Here is another quirk of the Bose units (I have a Concert player anyway):

Has anyone noticed that when you switch the ignition on that you get a slight hiss from the front speakers even if the stereo is not switched on? It happens on mine and I have tried another couple in the showroom. It stays there all the time and sometimes gets louder briefly courtesy of the dynamic noise compensation system.

Apparently the Bose amp is permanently on hence the hiss. No problem if you like your music but with a 3.2 I often prefer to switch it off and listen to the engine (sad, but one of many reasons for buying it!)

I understand it is a recognised fault but Audi don't have an answer yet apparently.

Anyone else noticed it? By the way, once you do, you will not be able to ignore it!

No hiss, but when my mobile rings I turn off the stereo but I still get that 'mobile buzz' sound from the speakers while phone is sitting near the front ash tray.

The GALA is for NON BOSE cars only. You can't turn the BOSE DNC off.

I think its great, the GALA was crap because it was only speed controlled, but the BOSE DNC reacts to the ambient noise level in the car, so although it sounds like it is going up and down, it is keeping it at the same level above the road noise.

Now I'm used to it, I thinks its the best system I've heard.

Each to their own though.

I think that means you've got 'REG' (regional) turned ON, so it selects the 'regional' station for that preset i.e. Radio 1 is BBC so it goes to the regional BBC in your area when you switch on.