Help..... DRL+Side lights

fella try changing the orientation of the bulb...Also heard that one part of it is negative etc.Do the lights light up?

My DRLs have come today with my resistors i will take a good few snaps for you tonight mate and post them up when im home from work. :)

Which wire do you use the scotchlok to? Yellow or brown? I assumed the brown was earth wire? Then which wire do i reconnect it to after the resistor? Yellow or Brown?

huh???

the resistor has 2 ends with scotch locks on both ends....

one end to positive
other end to negative

you should only have 2 wires going to your DRL bulb... so one end of the resistor on each wire!

how is that confusing? post up a pic if you still dont understand.

fella try changing the orientation of the bulb...Also heard that one part of it is negative etc.Do the lights light up?

My DRLs have come today with my resistors i will take a good few snaps for you tonight mate and post them up when im home from work. :)

The side lights light up for all or 5seconds, then turn off, then my car beeps at me and says the side lights aren't working. Done it everytime i've bought side lights, got like 4side lights now ha. I've tried them both ways, but one way doesn't light them up and the other does what i've said above.

huh???

the resistor has 2 ends with scotch locks on both ends....

one end to positive
other end to negative

you should only have 2 wires going to your DRL bulb... so one end of the resistor on each wire!

how is that confusing? post up a pic if you still dont understand.

Sorry, i know i sound thick, that's probably because i am when it comes to this sort of stuff ha. So.... I connect the resistor to both wires before the bulb. Think i get it now.

no probs buddy, if you get stuck post up a pic of your drl wires and we can show you how it is. after you install it you will be kicking yourself (again*) because of how easy it is

note: * again was said as you are kicking yourself for buying yet another set of crappy side lights :moa:

Yeah you are right how easy it is, i've had to put mine inside the light housing as it wouldn't reach outside! They didnt supply me with ling enough wires, but no warning lights :D now i just need some side lights, but i think t8rups has sorted me out for them. Big thanks to itwasntme187 and t8rups. Both outstanding!!!