vcds leads

scotty-b

Reaction score
i have a 53 plate bkd engine 2.0 tdi sport i have downloaded latest vcds lite ive seen some leads on ebay but some say upto 2004 vehicles what leads do i need for my model.?

Speak to Nigel NHN, he can supply you the real McCoy! Them cables from eBay are copies and will not work with original vcds lite or full!

Get what you payfor at the end of the day. I've used both and trust me, genuine is worth the extra for the hassle it saves. + they go on ebay for near enough the price you pay for them so you'll get your money back when you sell it.

Depends on how often you are going to use it really. If you plan on adding just about every option under the sun like some people then the real deal will more than pay for itself. If it's only a few things then I'd be tempted to find another user on here thats near you that has it and pay them for their time and knowledge. That's what I plan on doing.... now if only I knew where to look for someone around Glasgow with VCDS :think:

thanks everyone for reply think i may get genuine ones take the plunge always gonna use them....

It's definitely worth buying the genuine cable. They pay for themselves very quickly, last time i was in an audi dealership they were charging £120 to have your car plugged in!

Genuine Ross-Tech, can't go wrong!

thanks everyone for reply think i may get genuine ones take the plunge always gonna use them....

Think of it as a free beer ticket.

Lost count of the amount of booze my cable has earned me LOL.

FYI I got mines from Gendan, arrived next day!

I actually bought an Ebay cable a few years back and ran it with VCDS lite. It worked fine on pre 2003 cars, but isnt compatible with my 2004 A3, which I believe requires a HEX-CAN compatible cable.

If you get a 2004+ compatible ebay lead, do you get the software with it? Version 8/9/10 etc? I assume you do, but you just cant update it like the genuine software? I ask as I believe you cant use VCDS lite with 2004+ cars using the HEX-CAN system?

I need to scan a fault atm, but dont have £270 spare for a genuine cable :(

Connect to the internet with a hooky cable and it will block it.