2008 Audi A3 5 door S Line > Want New R8 Style Devil Headlights & Rear

gkwebguy

Reaction score
hi there, new to the forum.

i have been to local places to source the new R8 style 'devil eye' head/rearlights for my car which is an A3 2008 plate SLine 2.0T pic attached.

gkwebguy-136163-albums-a3-s-line-2-0t-2008-6123-picture-a-13688.jpg

was told i couldnt buy these locally and was advised to buy the cheap led strips and attach to existing headlights. have seen a few of these devil eye style ones on ebay but dont want to be buying the wrong type so welcome any pointers in the right direction.

Hi there :). You'd be best to private message NHN (Nigel) as he can provide the LED rear lights for your Sportback at a great price and you know you're getting the real deal genuine Audi lights. I know a few people on here have bought Dectane headlights from Germany, like these ones on Ebay, which you can get in Black or Chrome.

Black ones -
Audi A3 8P DRL LED Headlights Dayline black 1 | eBay

Chrome ones -
Audi A3 8P DRL LED Headlights Dayline chrome 1 | eBay

If you are looking to buy the headlights as fitted to the facelift A3 (2009 onwards) you would have to basically change the whole front end of your car including the bonnet to accommodate the lights, which works out to be pretty expensive. I have seen the above Dectane lights fitted to cars on the forum and I personally think they look very cool. HTH :wub: x

hi paulie i will MSG NHS (Nigel) about rear ones. I called audi and they more or less told me the same that the latest A3 LED headlight would not fit into my 2008 model, its to do with the backend of the lamp unit. The ones (devil eye) i had been looking at were

AUDI A3 03-08 LED CHROME DRL R8 DEVIL EYE HEADLIGHTS | eBay

ive never did any kind of mod to any car ive had so was a bit unsure of a few things in the ebay listing detail, for example it says that these lights are plug and play, therefore i would imagine i need to be certain they fitted existing wiring.

ive also seen a listing for front fog light LED strips
DAYTIME DRIVING LIGHTS IN FOG LIGHT GRILLES PAIR NEW FOR AUDI A3 8P 2003>2008 | eBay
but am now thinking maybe fitting LEDs to the fog light area myself>
Philips LED do it yourself Daytime Running Light - YouTubereally just trying to see what options are available before getting the parts etc.

cheers
gary

i tried to PM nigel but ive only posted 1 thread and need to post 15 !! could you send him a link to this thread please ...

cheers
gary