Badger5Volks Autos

Thread: Brakes - Issues

3rd Gear

Status

Brakes - Issues

Hi all

I need some help (if possible) before I get my hands dirty.
    I dropped in to Euro Car Parts today to pick up new discs and pads (all round) for my 07 plate A3 1.9 tdi Sport (Sportback)

However I was told that there are four different sizes and two different types of pads.

discs range from 280 on the front up to a whopping 345 and its a similar story on the back. Rather than me stripping, photographing and measuring I am wondering if anyone can tell me the sizes and what pads as there are even different types of these.

Anyone got any ideas.

Some pics of the car attached

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    What engine is in your car? 345mm are S3 brakes and by the looks of it they are them, same with the rears 310mm rears are also S3. If you rang your local dealer, gave them your reg and said what size discs have I got and part numbers for the pads i'm sure they will help you out.
    Lava Grey A3 Hatchback S-line 170 Quattro, 18" Speedline Turini's, Bilstein B8 Shocks, 35mm H&R Springs, H&R ARB's, Small Remap, Darkside Development EGR Delete, K&N Panel, Full S3 Brakes, Yellow Stuff Pads, Drilled/Grooved Disc's, Bi-Xenons, DRL's, Full Leather, RNS-E/Changer/Bose, LED Interior Light Pack + Ambient Lighting, Rain And Light Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Auto Folding Mirrors, Black Grill/Badges, MY11 Rears, Lamin-x Fogs.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Quattro View Post
    What engine is in your car? 345mm are S3 brakes and by the looks of it they are them, same with the rears 310mm rears are also S3. If you rang your local dealer, gave them your reg and said what size discs have I got and part numbers for the pads i'm sure they will help you out.
    Thanks Rob

it is only a 1.9 tdi 105 bhp. The car is kind of a sheep in wolfs clothing.

I just thought someone on here would know the sizes rather than bothering the dealer.

Cheers

Goochy

1st Gear

Status
    Bother them Thats what they are there for.. plus they have nothing better to do haha
    Lava Grey A3 Hatchback S-line 170 Quattro, 18" Speedline Turini's, Bilstein B8 Shocks, 35mm H&R Springs, H&R ARB's, Small Remap, Darkside Development EGR Delete, K&N Panel, Full S3 Brakes, Yellow Stuff Pads, Drilled/Grooved Disc's, Bi-Xenons, DRL's, Full Leather, RNS-E/Changer/Bose, LED Interior Light Pack + Ambient Lighting, Rain And Light Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Auto Folding Mirrors, Black Grill/Badges, MY11 Rears, Lamin-x Fogs.

2nd Gear

Status
    Did you try putting your reg into the search facility on the euro car parts website? It should come up with the correct parts for your car and only those parts if you do that. Then just select the ones you want and do click and collect.
    the crisis mobile BMW Z4C 3.0
    It's quick and it sounds bloody good.

6th Gear

Status
    i would say 288 fronts and 256 rears i think but just phone a dealer
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs /

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm

3rd Gear

Status
    Europarts website just gave me the options for everything

So I went to there outlet in Stockport and he asked me what sizes they were. Clearly the reg search facility is no good and they dont know. This also happened when I ordered discs and pads for my old Mk4 golf. They sent me stuff for a VW caddy.

Spoke to Audi and they advised they were 280mm on the front and 253 on the back.
    Wierd thing is that Europarts only do 255 on the rear, but I suppose 2 mm is nothing in the scheme of things.

TBH I woudl have thought that it being a Sport model the discs on the front would have been bigger. The available sizes being 280, 288,312 and 345mm

Cheers

Goochy

3rd Gear

Status
    Sorry for the all spelling mistakes. Spell check is a god send !!!

6th Gear

Status
    Better to upgrade to larger all round
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs /

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm