JMB RetrofitsBadger5
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By h5djr

Thread: Just ordered a new A3 Sportback

Just ordered a new A3 Sportback

Well I've decided that I'm not going to wait for the new style A3 especially as it seems the new Sportback version will not be available until 2013. So I've just ordered an A3 Sportback SE in Silver with a Light Grey interior, 2.0TDI - 170 s-tronic with around 4.5k worth of options. Delivery should be late February/early March 2012 which will be just right as my existing A3 will be three years old in April 2012. Got a good trade-in value on my existing A3, although I know a local second-hand car dealer who has just purchased my wife's Polo for a better price that the dealer was offering when she bought a new A1, is interested as well. I also got a 9% discount on the new one.
    TurGe likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Congrats mate...hope you enjoy it!

Got my order confirmation through on Sat for my new S3 and they said estimated delivery 20th Feb...so at least they're showing some sort of consistency for once!

5th Gear

Status
    so what price did you pay? what options you go for?
    if me ok to ask that is

6th Gear

Status
    Can't believe you've had your a3 that long. I remember when you were weighing up getting another 170 or 140 and then remapping it. Time flies!!
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

Status
    Nice one Dave, think you've taken the best route given your options. Let the countdown begin! Worst of winter should be out of the way too.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

Quote Originally Posted by bloblob2 View Post
    so what price did you pay? what options you go for?
    if me ok to ask that is
    I don't you asking - here is the full spec of the order...

2011 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI-170 SE
    A3 Sportback SE - Ice Silver/Light Grey
    6-speed S-tronic
    Metallic paint - Ice Silver metallic
    17 x 7.5J 16-spoke alloys - 225/45 tyres
    Comfort package - comprising
    - Acoustic parking system - rear only
    -
    - Cruise control
    -
    - Light+Rain sensor package
    -
    Symphony radio
    Interior light pack
    Luggage pack
    Dual-zone electronic climate control
    No smoking package
    Reversible load floor mat
    Through-load system
    Electric driver's seat
    Electric lumbar support
    Adaptive Xenon headlights
    Door mirrors - folding
    Tyre pressure loss indicator
    less discount on new car
    -9.0%
    Delivery and Number plates
    First registration fee
    12 months Road Fund Licence
    total price
    trade-in value of existing A3
    amount to change
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

5th Gear

Status
    great spec and choice of options. £12k for the trade-in was it a good price? i mean what was your old A3? i'm think of changing my A3 SB but unsure to go for another SB or go for the new 3 door. thanks the head up on the prices btw

Quote Originally Posted by bloblob2 View Post
    great spec and choice of options. £12k for the trade-in was it a good price? i mean what was your old A3? i'm think of changing my A3 SB but unsure to go for another SB or go for the new 3 door. thanks the head up on the prices btw
    The £12,000 trade was the top book price for my particular 2009 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE S-tronic. You never get your money back on the extras but it does make the car more desirable and therefore easier for the dealer to sell and therefore they are happy to give the top book price. Also I like my car to have the spec I want even if I don't get the price of the options back.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Audi will just send that straight to auction I should think.

I work for Mazda and anything that comes in thats older than 3 years/average mileage that isn't a bargain gets underwritten and sent out, if they use CAP for the price that is.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    Audi will just send that straight to auction I should think.

I work for Mazda and anything that comes in thats older than 3 years/average mileage that isn't a bargain gets underwritten and sent out, if they use CAP for the price that is.
    They may well do, but in the past the have sold my trade-in cars in their second-hand car area. Also I have a small second-hand car dealer just down the road who has said he would be interested in giving me a price nearer the time. He has just bought my wife's three year old Polo for cash for more than the dealer offered in part exchange against a new A1 and he sold it in two days.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Wow! Well done him!

It's really worth doing your shopping, (sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs!) because the price dealers offer you is criminal 90% of the time.

Looks like a sweet spec, nice work
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Your some sort of Audi A3 legend, you've had 3 in the time I've had mine

2nd Gear

Status
    Sounds like a good trade price to me. I'd imagine Audi will sell it themselves. In my experience Audi, BMW etc generally sell cars at that age with mileage below 60k or there abouts as long as they have full dealer history. They put them through their AUC at a premium.

To put your trade in price into perspective. I know a guy that just traded a 2008 320d SE with average mileage for TT and he only got £8K for it. I think the Audi dealership are probably still laughing about that one.
    the crisis mobile BMW Z4C 3.0
    It's quick and it sounds bloody good.

I have just had a call from my dealer to say my Sportback has now been built.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Status
    Not long to go then Dave, less than two weeks for shipping, PDI etc?

Get ready for your last new 8P!! You've probably had the most new A3's of anyone I know on here.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    Not long to go then Dave, less than two weeks for shipping, PDI etc?

Get ready for your last new 8P!! You've probably had the most new A3's of anyone I know on here.
    Possibly. So far it's four 8Ls in 7.2 years and 64,011 miles and three 8Ps in 7.6 years and 104,820 miles and every one has been different in some way. 3-door, Sportback, petrol, diesel, manual, s-tronic, face-lift and non-facelift. The common factors are they have all be A3s and all been Silver.
    Dave R (h5djr)

English...not so good

Status
    4.5k worth of options :o Price of my whole car lol.

1st Gear

Status
    Looking forward to see pictures of her when she arrives!

1st Gear

Status
    Forgot to ask, what options have you gone for this time?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul76R View Post
    Forgot to ask, what options have you gone for this time?
    Post #6

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Post #6
    Thanks Indy

I have just been told by my dealer that my car is now at Emden waiting to be loaded and it will almost certainly be brought to the UK over the weekend or on Monday. It will arrive in the UK at the car facility at Grimsby docks which I have long said I would go and have at look at. I feel a trip to Grimsby coming on for Sunday or Monday. Anyone would thing this is my first new car!!!
    Dave R (h5djr)

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    I have just been told by my dealer that my car is now at Emden waiting to be loaded and it will almost certainly be brought to the UK over the weekend or on Monday. It will arrive in the UK at the car facility at Grimsby docks which I have long said I would go and have at look at. I feel a trip to Grimsby coming on for Sunday or Monday. Anyone would thing this is my first new car!!!
    I wouldn't be so sure mate. My Golf GTI has been released for shipping at Emden since 10/02/2012 and it's still there today. Unless someone's forgot to scan it out of Emden ........

I know people have been facing similar delays on VW forums.

Fortunately, VW have agreed to give me a hire car from 25th Feb onwards which is when my A3 is going to its new owner.

I sincerely hope your car is shipped over the weekend though. I would be very interested to know, please keep us updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure mate. My Golf GTI has been released for shipping at Emden since 10/02/2012 and it's still there today. Unless someone's forgot to scan it out of Emden ........

I know people have been facing similar delays on VW forums.

Fortunately, VW have agreed to give me a hire car from 25th Feb onwards which is when my A3 is going to its new owner.

I sincerely hope your car is shipped over the weekend though. I would be very interested to know, please keep us updated.
    To be honest I'm not that bothered when it arrives as I still have a nice A3 to drive anyway. Even though I have a personal plate my dealer still says a March 2012 car will be worth a little more than a February 2012 when I come to sell it or trade-in in three years time. I will keep you posted.

I'm going to Grimsby tomorrow anyway as one of the ships that bring the cars from Emden, the Main Highway, is due in at 15:00 and it will be nice to see it dock and unload. The Main Highway or one of it's sister ships the EMS Highway are crossing between Emden and Grimsby with one of them arriving every day at the moment. No doubt lots of cars ordered for 1 March.
    Dave R (h5djr)

5th Gear

Status
    To be honest I'm not that bothered when it arrives as I still have a nice A3 to drive anyway. Even though I have a personal plate my dealer still says a March 2012 car will be worth a little more than a February 2012 when I come to sell it or trade-in in three years time. I will keep you posted.

I'm going to Grimsby tomorrow anyway as one of the ships that bring the cars from Emden, the Main Highway, is due in at 15:00 and it will be nice to see it dock and unload. The Main Highway or one of it's sister ships the EMS Highway are crossing between Emden and Grimsby with one of them arriving every day at the moment. No doubt lots of cars ordered for 1 March.
    I've been watching the ships go forwards and back. Let me know if you happen to see a white GTI being unloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I've been watching the ships go forwards and back. Let me know if you happen to see a white GTI being unloaded.
    There are so many cars at the Grimsby holding area it would be impossible to pick out any particular car, especially as they all the the white transit covers on. I did visit Grimsby today and saw the MAIN HIGHWAY arrive. It's a big ship!! I have included one of the photos I took just as it was starting to turn round in it's own length to back up the unloading area.

Dave R (h5djr)

Scott. For your information I called in to my dealers as I passing this morning to show the young lady who deals with admin for my salesman, as she had said she would like to see the photographs I'd taken at Grimsby. She confirmed that my A3 was listed as still being at Emden. There must a lot of VAG cars at Emden at the moment because there is a ship load (approx 800) arriving at Grimsby every day at the moment.
    Dave R (h5djr)

5th Gear

Status
    Hi Dave. I had a call this morning to say my car has now arrived in the UK, so I think it may have been on the MAIN HIGHWAY which you saw come in. That means it's taken 10 days from being released from shipping to being in the UK, so you can probably use that to judge when yours might be in UK. Thanks for keeping me updated, and good luck with your new car.

Cheers,
    Scott

I've also just had a phone call from my dealer to say my A3 has arrived in the UK. Looks like it left Emden at 04:24 on 21 February on the EMS Highway and arrived in Grimsby at 05:45 on the 22 February. It seems that the is at least one ship a day from Emden to Grimsby at the moment. I've not seen any departures going to either Sheerness or Tyne so perhaps everything is coming in through Grimsby at the moment.

So mine was produced on 14 February and arrived at Emden on 16 February and in the UK on 22 February - 8 days total. Perhaps Audi get priority!!
    Dave R (h5djr)

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Not long then Dave, cannot wait to detail Scott's 2012 GTI!

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    Fantastic spec & choice Dave, looking forward to seeing some photos when she arrives!

Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro

5th Gear

Status
    I've also just had a phone call from my dealer to say my A3 has arrived in the UK. Looks like it left Emden at 04:24 on 21 February on the EMS Highway and arrived in Grimsby at 05:45 on the 22 February. It seems that the is at least one ship a day from Emden to Grimsby at the moment. I've not seen any departures going to either Sheerness or Tyne so perhaps everything is coming in through Grimsby at the moment.

So mine was produced on 14 February and arrived at Emden on 16 February and in the UK on 22 February - 8 days total. Perhaps Audi get priority!!
    It does seem that Audi get priority!!! Or each brand is allowed an equal percentage and Audi have sold less cars :P lol

Glad your car is in UK. I'll be interested to know when it gets to your dealer as mine is still at Grimsby. I think there might be ships going to Sheerness still, don't know if they go from Grimsby though

Well my car has arrived at the dealers and I'm collecting it tomorrow afternoon - Something for the weekend sir! for those of you who are old enough to remember.

Total delivery time was 17 weeks from order to build - 1 week from build to arriving in the UK and 1 week to get from Grimsby to the dealer, so a total of 19 weeks. I do hope it's right.
    Dave R (h5djr)

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Pics Dave?

5th Gear

Status
    Glad you've got the car mate. Enjoy.