Audi S3 stage1 spark plugs

pinterovski

Reaction score
Hi!
Next week my S3 will have a remap at SKN on stage1 and i read alot of threads
about spark plugs,but i still dont know what plugs would be the best for my car.
I started to feel some hesitations in 3rd gear (4500rpm) and i think my plugs are bad!

So,what spark plugs do you recommend for stage 1 for best safe performance?
The best place to buy?

Thank you all!

A starting point would probably be BKR7EIX but to be honest i think it might be that different maps will require different heat range plugs depending on Boost,Fuel/air mix and timing advance ****** settings..CAI's will also effect heat range.

I always put in 100 octane petrol Paddy.
And with stage1 i'm hoping that it shows 308-315HP!

pinterovski i have skn and mine with stage 2 did 320hp when i was on dyno. i had ik24's (2 steps colder) and they were dead after 5000km's and i couldn't start my car (it was f***ing New Years Eve!!!!!). so then i went ik22's (one step colder) and they are way better, but now i'm going to try either oem, either bkr7eix ngk, because i don't find denso ones reliable (hate them!).

Hi Sami!
Tell me what mods have you done on the car when you went stage2!?

Are you happy with SKN remap,any flat spots or anything?
How was the feeling from stock to stage 2?
Tnx

well that's was the best option here, so went for SKN, difference was huge but i didn't drive it a lot at the time, and i got used to it quick, but there is plenty of torque but not as much hp gain as from revo. asked a few guys who had bluefin skn and revo, and they said that the revo is way to go. sadly there isn't revo dealer anywhere near. but had a play with few s5's and 360 and those guys were surprised (well me to) :D

For what it's worth,the advice that most of the tuners,and most of us running either Stg2+ or higher power conversions use,is to go with OEM plugs and simply change them more often.......mine has run on OEM plugs all the way to Stg3 and more.

Any link where i can buy them for the lowest price?
I read about OEM and change them more often is also a great choice!
Thnx Alex

Any link where i can buy them for the lowest price?I read about OEM and change them more often is also a great choice!Thnx Alex
I guess what I'm saying is that it's easy to complicate something that doesn't need to be.....if the OEM plugs work well on cars turning out anywhere from 260bhp to over 500bhp,then they're fine....the only piston failures I know of on S3s were in one case totally random,and in the other case,a Stg3 car that was flogged on stock internals at high boost for a looooonnnnggg way.
VWRacing also use them on their racing series cars.

Last edited:
Reactions: pinterovski
What is the stock plug then? I heard it changed to a cooler one around 2010 MY?

OEM it is then!!! Thanks again mate.
I alreday spoke with SKN today and they booked me in for saturday this week,
he also said that i can expect 320HP from stage1 with my current mods!
Sami i think you need a reflash,with your setup you can get 330HP!

well, when i see your results then i will speak with my tuner about it :D
or eventualy go and see yours. can you please ask him for the price of the reflash and pm it to me?
would love REVO but for now nearest place is Romania. And that would be a big trip for a remap!

Can somewhone give me the wright OEM Bosch spark plugs number for my S3 2008 please,
or can i find it somewhere else in my car?
Thanks

i ordered OEM NGK PFR7S8EG. i will change them as soon as i can.

I fitted the NGK spark plugs today and then went for a test run (20 miles).
Engine run smoother that's for sure and it did improved acceleration!
Tomorrow is Stage1 day:rock:and i hope everything is gonna be ok!?
Cheers

S3 is remaped!
Stage2 325PS 455NM of torque and a huge huge clutch slip on fifth and sixth gear but besides that is an awesome result
and comparing stock 265 to 325 is unbeliavable!
Where is the best place to buy a clutch?
Tnx