RNS-E Question

Rob-Quattro

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a 2007 Nav in my A3 from standard and it still has the 2007 Europe disc which is well out of date now. I was going to invest into a 2011 disc but have been offered a 2011 LED RNS-E with the chrome buttons and gloss black face with a 2011 disc included. Will my old nav pop out and will the new one pop in straight swap? Part num: 8P0 035 193 G Hardware Version H06 Firmware SW 0200. Thanks in advance for the advise Rob.

Hi mate, yes it would be a straight swap fella, but you may need to do some simple coding just to add your changer and Bose and Bluetooth if you have it. But nothing too drastic in this change over. Must say, you have made a good choice if you decide to take the 2011 model. So much sharper and better looks. Good luck mate

Thanks Danny, just what I was hoping to hear! I see you code cruise control in the London area... I'm only from Cambridge, would you be able to code it if I met you for example at the A12/A406 roundabout?

Hi mate, sure, I am in Enfield between the a406 and m25, just of the A10. You could come to me, would be just ad convenient mate.

Hi Danny,

I have a factory fitted chorus radio in A3 SE 1.6tdi 2011 (Driver’s Information System and
multi-function steering wheel) and have been offer also a RNS-E - 8P0 035 193 G.

I am wondering if there is anything special that I would need it - any adapters/ coding - or just plug and play?

Cheers
Adam