Volks AutosSky Insurance
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Having Revo taken off today

4th Gear

Status
    looks like Awesome GTI have ditched REVO.
    Have a look at their website.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by shady-ninja View Post
    looks like Awesome GTI have ditched REVO.
    Have a look at their website.
    APR are on a stop at nothing mission to take over Revo dealerships and at pretty much at any cost. In these tough financial times the incentives being offered may be too great for some dealers to turn away.

It's very little to do with product, and what's being offered under the table from what I've heard.

It's no accident the APR guys have turned up in Milton Keynes as the UK is a key market that was not delivering in line with their expectations. They're here to try to take over the market, but given the price of their lovely fuel pumps I think they might need to do some price re-alignment if they think they are going to take the UK VAG market by storm. Fuel pump £900.... Dealer only charges £177 inc. VAT (and they're robbers), so will be interesting to see what happens in time.
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    APR are on a stop at nothing mission to take over Revo dealerships and at pretty much at any cost. In these tough financial times the incentives being offered may be too great for some dealers to turn away.It's very little to do with product, and what's being offered under the table from what I've heard.It's no accident the APR guys have turned up in Milton Keynes as the UK is a key market that was not delivering in line with their expectations. They're here to try to take over the market, but given the price of their lovely fuel pumps I think they might need to do some price re-alignment if they think they are going to take the UK VAG market by storm. Fuel pump £900.... Dealer only charges £177 inc. VAT (and they're robbers), so will be interesting to see what happens in time.
    Interesting times.....I've also seen this developing,and the cost-no-object approach,but Luddite that I am,I'm more than happy with both the service and back-up I've had,as well as the product itself,and with around 500bhp,I can't complain.
    I don't really care for the type of marketing being indulged in with this bid for market share,as I much prefer to see a product sell itself on results.

Status
    Completely agree Alex.

I've spent thousands on car modifications in 20 years, and I spend hours researching and deliberating (and even visiting companys whos help I enlist) before going into supplier selection. The industry unfortunately is driven by a LOT of smoke and mirrors (K&N filters anyone!), and I want tried and tested product at a fair price, with exceptional aftercare and a good dose of trust. As important as all of this is an open door to discuss feedback if things don't go to plan, and someone who doesn't just shut down the comms channels once they've had your money.

APR make some lovely products, but if it's priced right, delivers in line with expectation and more importantly works first time they'll get market share without issue.

Problem is, many customers (particularly in a recession), will post favourably for a bit of a discount on product . In combo with the fact they have just parted with cash they are also unlikely to say 'Do you know I think I bought the wrong product'. If it's any level of improvement better than before they wax lyrical and herein lies the biggest issue with consumer reviews.

I'd rather see proper comparison of product vs. product with independent reviews by someone who has been given no incentivisation; oh hang on I'm fantasising, this is the real world!

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

Status
    And today Revotechnik and STASIS have merged.

Seems like there is a lot going on in the industry at the moment! Press release is on Revo website today!

Exciting times ahead!

Rarely neutral

Status
    And today Revotechnik and STASIS have merged.

Seems like there is a lot going on in the industry at the moment! Press release is on Revo website today!

Exciting times ahead!
    Revo | Welcome to Revo

Home | STaSIS ::: Race Bred Adrenaline

Obviously similar releases on both sites.

To be honest,in the light of APR's moves,it makes sense for them to do this,and it would be nice to see them continue to support the S3/2.0TFSi turbo in the way that Revo has always done.

Status
    If they did a package with warranty I'd be sold. Won't be cheap, but I'd rather have that than nothing which is where I've been since week 6 of ownership!

Rarely neutral

Status
    If they did a package with warranty I'd be sold. Won't be cheap, but I'd rather have that than nothing which is where I've been since week 6 of ownership!
    I'm not so worried about the warranty,as the current engine has been as tough as old boots,and even when rebuilt with new internals,all of the old bits were fine.

I think they need to be looking at providing their own hardware and software kits for each of the major platforms,to cover a good bit of ground.
    The S3 and TT-RS/RS3 are where there are a lot of people looking for big power,with reasonably deep pockets to fund it.....for instance,if at the time,there was an integrated BT kit for the S3 from one source,then I would certainly have looked at it,rather than hardware from one,software from another,and bits from the USA,UK,and elsewhere.

It's notable that their competition have already snaffled some of their higher profile customers with just this approach.

Neutral

Status
    Sorry to bump the thread, but was the solution to the misfire/hesitation issue suffered using the Revo Stage 1 map on 10/11 models simply to switch the OEM spark plugs to PFR7S8EG plugs?

I'm planning on getting a stage 1 map in the next couple of weeks and if the Revo issue has come back for any of the guys above then I will look at the MTM map. I have a March registered MY11 S3 BE so I presume it will come with the Bosch/VAG plugs rather than the NGK ones. Obviously a Revo map and a set of new plugs would be much cheaper than the MTM map so I'm keen to know the definite outcome!

Having read this thread and with the car now on 12k miles it looks like it would be a good idea to put some new plugs in anyway!

Neutral

Status
    have you considered APR, seem to coming back on the scene

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
    Sorry to bump the thread, but was the solution to the misfire/hesitation issue suffered using the Revo Stage 1 map on 10/11 models simply to switch the OEM spark plugs to PFR7S8EG plugs? I'm planning on getting a stage 1 map in the next couple of weeks and if the Revo issue has come back for any of the guys above then I will look at the MTM map. I have a March registered MY11 S3 BE so I presume it will come with the Bosch/VAG plugs rather than the NGK ones. Obviously a Revo map and a set of new plugs would be much cheaper than the MTM map so I'm keen to know the definite outcome! Having read this thread and with the car now on 12k miles it looks like it would be a good idea to put some new plugs in anyway!
    Usually,the best thing is to keep the stock plugs and change every 5 000 miles,and that often avoids any misfire issues on a mapped car.
    Mine has run Revo software faultlessly for over 30 000 miles,with the only misfires from Stg1 to Stg4 being down to inadequate airflow on the stock intake,and plugs being changed at Audi's service intervals before being aware of this issue.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hursty View Post
    have you considered APR, seem to coming back on the scene
    I haven't really, I couldn't find much info (based on a very quick search). I know that Awesome GTI is ages away from me though so I'm not sure that it would really be feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    Usually,the best thing is to keep the stock plugs and change every 5 000 miles,and that often avoids any misfire issues on a mapped car.
    Mine has run Revo software faultlessly for over 30 000 miles,with the only misfires from Stg1 to Stg4 being down to inadequate airflow on the stock intake,and plugs being changed at Audi's service intervals before being aware of this issue.
    Ah ok, I don't think the plugs were replaced on the car's first service last month so I'll get some new ones. Was the stock intake really that inefficient at Stage 1?

With regard to the Revo Stage 1 map (if you can remember when your car used to be like that!), was there a massive punch of power that faded higher up the rev range? The reportedly smoother delivery and pull throughout the range by the MTM map has me erring that way slightly. There are so many different opinions that I'm not entirely sure what to make of the Revo map!

Rarely neutral

Status
    Ah ok, I don't think the plugs were replaced on the car's first service last month so I'll get some new ones. Was the stock intake really that inefficient at Stage 1?With regard to the Revo Stage 1 map (if you can remember when your car used to be like that!), was there a massive punch of power that faded higher up the rev range? The reportedly smoother delivery and pull throughout the range by the MTM map has me erring that way slightly. There are so many different opinions that I'm not entirely sure what to make of the Revo map!
    Sorry...I should have been clearer about the intake thing,as it occurred at Stg2,and was the product of me trying to keep the thing looking reasonably stock under the bonnet.

If you have Revo's mapping set to the most aggressive ,then the boost comes in pretty strong and gives you the initial shove,but of course that can't be maintained across the range and it will feel softer up the rpm range.

A lot of people find that a less agressive setting can be at least as fast,but also smoother,and one of the advantages of Revo's software is being able to adjust it easily via their SPS,but if you do,you should avoid fiddling with timing.

Neutral

Status
    Sorry...I should have been clearer about the intake thing,as it occurred at Stg2,and was the product of me trying to keep the thing looking reasonably stock under the bonnet.

If you have Revo's mapping set to the most aggressive ,then the boost comes in pretty strong and gives you the initial shove,but of course that can't be maintained across the range and it will feel softer up the rpm range.

A lot of people find that a less agressive setting can be at least as fast,but also smoother,and one of the advantages of Revo's software is being able to adjust it easily via their SPS,but if you do,you should avoid fiddling with timing.
    Thanks, might pop across to AMD Essex this week and pick their brains too before I book in. Like you I want to keep it as stock as possible and having to remove the engine cover would be a bit annoying.

Rarely neutral

Status
    Thanks, might pop across to AMD Essex this week and pick their brains too before I book in. Like you I want to keep it as stock as possible and having to remove the engine cover would be a bit annoying.
    These are the guys who've done all of the work on my car,and I cannot recommend them highly enough.

I'm pretty picky about quality,as my 2 Cosworths were maintained by a race engineer and privateer BTCC team winner,and I think that when a tuning company can also run a race team,as AMDTuning do also,then you get quality,and attention to detail.

Have a look through the build thread here......
    Time for a build thread....big turbo

and see some of their work.

Neutral

Status
    These are the guys who've done all of the work on my car,and I cannot recommend them highly enough.

I'm pretty picky about quality,as my 2 Cosworths were maintained by a race engineer and privateer BTCC team winner,and I think that when a tuning company can also run a race team,as AMDTuning do also,then you get quality,and attention to detail.

Have a look through the build thread here......
    Time for a build thread....big turbo

and see some of their work.
    Cheers Alex, I've got it booked into AMD next week to get Revo'd. The guy on the phone was really helpful and had excellent knowledge - can't wait until next Wednesday now!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by akash_sky1 View Post
    GIAC FTW boys
    dont think so

Rarely neutral

Status
    Cheers Alex, I've got it booked into AMD next week to get Revo'd. The guy on the phone was really helpful and had excellent knowledge - can't wait until next Wednesday now!
    I can't fault any of the work they've done for me.......my car has to be reliable,and I simply can't have something that's quick and falls apart or won't work.
    What I've got has been fast,then faster,then b****y fast,and always works.....AMDTuning have always delivered.

1st Gear

Status
    This is a lot of reading!

Regarding people's thoughts of REVO original - if they put your car back to stock, you can rest assured it is the actual 'real' original! The only time you see REVO coding is if you had a REVO trial, then their software is still on your ECU.

I have spoken to REVO head office and they are very helpful. A full software dump/flash will write over their coding without problem. Most tuning companies can remove the REVO software if they write a full flash over the ECU. This must be the exact original software :-)

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RS3-KEL View Post
    OEM plugs manufacturer recommends changing at 5 000 miles.
    Handbook says 38k miles or 6 years!

Best to change them at 20k miles though if mapped. Currently running RS2 plugs which are 1 stage cooler than OEM and have had zero issues. New plugs every 5k miles = something wrong with your car / map!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234