2004 a3 tdi retrofit cruise not working??!!

Tried pulling stalk towards me and down and nothing happened. I'm thinking it hasn't been coded properly, I might see if can pop up there Monday and get him check it but he's a very stubborn angry arrogant type so doubt he be happy or even discuss it with me :(

Tell him to shape up. Tell him that he needs to code the engine and the steering wheel.

+1

You paid the fella to do a job, so it is simply, he should do it!!
It does not matter if you paid £2,£20 or £200, he needs to do his job properly! Seems like he is an incompetent fool!
Mate, seriously, if you don't mind the travel I would try to sort it out for you.

Ha Ha - to be honest mate I haven't seen or spoken to him for a long time.

Just to remind you that he has a wire in position 13 of the steering cu black connector but hasn't even got a blue plug/socket at the other end ! His is a 2004 3 door and he posted a pic from behind the driver bulkhead after removing wipers etc. which showed a big space where the blue socket should be. I think it was decided by all that wiring would be needed direct to the engine cu on the passenger side.

I must phone him to see if he still has the car !!! lol

Nigel, I had a look at Evilbanes and I hands down admitted defeat. As Mike said, his PIN13 was there and I removed the panel to get to the blueplug to check the PIN4 terminal and the blue plug wasn't even there... we were lost. Maybe getting the direct terminal from the Engine ECU for Cruise and following it down maybe able to solve the problem but thats something we'll leave to you haha, way beyond me!

TBH guys I would remove pin 13 & stick an oscillator like I used for telecoms wiring, on this, to trace it through, but probably runs to ecu directly, some cars dont even have the blocks under that panel, seen this on a number of cars, but I'd love to challenge the car lol.

I'm lost a bit as I thought it had accepted the coding, obviously not.

Given the attitude of the guy, nothing is impossible here lol.

No coding needs to be done in Instruments-17, its Engine-01 and Steering Wheel-16.

Yes that's right steering wheel not instruments;

Steering
The 2nd to last digit changed to 4 (assuming it has OBC too)

Engine Module
select Coding II - 11
enter 11463 in to the coding
[Do It]

right all sorted now apparently i had bent a pin in the stalk plug when fitted it,possible the first time but as i tried a 2nd new stalk doubt it. i reckon he only coded one first time. hes sorted it no so happy :)
just need a crusielowew shroud now...

He said that you were at fault for it not working because you bent the plug? LOL. At least its working.

You don't have the lower cowling? What do you have attached as the lower cowling, lol?

no cowling on at mo as standard one doesnt fit due to extra stalk. can get the twin hole one for about £30 new but its another expense i dont need just yet lol. just had to buy a set of glowplugs for £50 as one was bringing up a fault apparently, it did turn over a few times when cold. also theres a egr fault ... :(

where did you get your cruise kit from again? and how much did you pay??? sounds like you got ripped off cos Stoke Audi sells the whole kit for about £90 ish

kit cost me £63 i think new from tps. im going to try cut a hole in my standard one and if it looks crap il buy a new one lol.

I think we should setup a plastic recycling center for non cruise trims lmfao

I wouldnt wanna bodge the cutout for the stalk, its got a nice kinda rubbery coating on that you can smudge as such to cover any surface marks from keys etc, cant imagine what a dremel may do to it, for the small cost they are, in grand scheme of things, I'd want the perfect fit.

I'm ok, thanks for asking, I will update the thread originally mentioned, nothing serious, just had to have something checked to make sure wasnt more serious as such, nice to know people care :) again thanks for asking.

I agree, perfect fit is a must!

Also like the idea of a plastic recyling centre... If only they were like scrap metal and we could weigh them in haha.

Glad to hear you're all okay mate.

Hello, I've retrofitted CC to my 05' A3, but there is a problem: the cc sometimes doesn't turn on (after engine start or after couple of on/off cycles)... No faults, vcds shows when stalk is moved or button pressed.