Steering Wheel Retrim - Anyone interested?

RobinA3

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is interested in having their steering wheel retrimmed.

I have done a few for members on the S2000 forum and here are some pics:

steering3.jpg

steering4.jpg

steering5.jpg

steering7.jpg

steering8.jpg

steering9.jpg

BlackLeatherPerf5.jpg

BlackLeatherPerf3.jpg

redperfsmooth.jpg

redperfsmooth2.jpg

redperfsmooth3.jpg

redperfsmooth5.jpg

evo1.jpg

evo2.jpg

evo3.jpg

evo4.jpg

evo5.jpg

Here is the link to the thread i created over on S2ki.net with feedback from the members who have had theirs done - FS: Steering Wheel Retrim Service - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Price is £140 per wheel. Can only do leather retrims so please don't ask if Alcantara can be used etc.

PM me if interested.

Reactions: Torque81 and ryanstewart9
mmm, my wheel is fine but i've thought about getting the black stitching changed to silver to match the handbrake & gears change boot...

Nice work. I plan on getting a new wheel in future and may be looking at a retrim. Could you tell me what the options are with these? Do you get a choice of stitch colour, perforated, normal, mix of both, what about adding a bit of extra padding like a bit more girth to the wheel :lmfao:? What about gear gaiters, do you do them?

It's a shame about the alcantara as that's what I originally had planned.

Awesome work! Alcantara is almost impossible to get right when doing a steering wheel. Or so I've heard. A few retrim Places I've spoke to won't do a alcantara wheel for me.

Exactly right, most trimmers will not TOUCH an alcantara steering wheel, and whats N8 got, oh look, an alcantara RS6 steering wheel, like an absolute BALLER :wub:

DSC00183Copy.jpg

:wub: :wub:

Reactions: MTW and gazzaw888
That wheel is sick N8! Do you find it makes your hands sweaty. Any I've used did but the lovely softness was worth it.

I'd be interested in getting the "oh ****" handles/triangles done as well. Wonder if the OP could do them.

Out of interest, could the orignal A3 wheel be made more chunky? (not sure how, but I wondered about layering or using thicker material) a bit more like a Mk4 R32 wheel feels?

Nice work. I plan on getting a new wheel in future and may be looking at a retrim. Could you tell me what the options are with these? Do you get a choice of stitch colour, perforated, normal, mix of both, what about adding a bit of extra padding like a bit more girth to the wheel :lmfao:? What about gear gaiters, do you do them?

It's a shame about the alcantara as that's what I originally had planned.

Options include leather colour so you can choose what colour you want to a certain degree and you can have smooth or perferated leather or a mix like the S2000 steering wheel above.

Can't add extra thickness as the overall thickness of the wheel comes from the original moulding of the steering wheel.

Awesome work! Alcantara is almost impossible to get right when doing a steering wheel. Or so I've heard. A few retrim Places I've spoke to won't do a alcantara wheel for me.

Alcantara is tricky as it creases and is also VERY VERY VERY hard to stretch around tight corners so it will look **** if its not done properly. If someone did want alcantara then the price would be at least triple the price due to the amount of time required to get it to look good.

Out of interest, could the orignal A3 wheel be made more chunky? (not sure how, but I wondered about layering or using thicker material) a bit more like a Mk4 R32 wheel feels?

Sorry can't be done as the shape and thickness of the steering wheel is set by the original moulding.