TYRES

bezA3

Reaction score
HI guys recently I found myself ring my tyre supplier and asking for two rear tyres with a £150 budjet so bagged some evergreen for the rear as i fail the year robbing from my local mot gaff, had these tyres through the summer and they are okish in the dry slight twitch hear and there..... Now the rain kicks in (too quote my tyre guy they will be better in the wet) 20 mph on a medium size round about and i find my self sideways feeling like ive got some mcdonald trays under the rear tyres.

Any one have any recomendations that arent gunna bleed my bank dry as in over £500 for each corner or atleast just the rear.
225/45/17.

Same size as what I've got, I've got continental sport contact 3, superb tyre in all conditions, approx £97 each on camskill.co.uk

Alternatively you could try Falken, they are also a good tyre. Used the ZE 912 model on my BMW as they came highly rated by other forum users. They are £68 each from camskill, a bargain.

Hello Everyone,

bezA3, with regards to your tyre problem, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Chinese Evergreen tyres don't really have a good reputation!

Could you confirm that your tyre size is 225 45 R17 94 V so that we can help you out more?

I just got four Falken 452s off Cheap Tyres Discount Tyres Buy Tyres Online & Japanese Import Car Parts Spares Tuning Performance Servicing Accessories :: (great prices)

They seem good in the dry and not much road noise at 90mph on the motorway.

haven't really had much a chance to fully test in the wet(pregnant wife onboard!) but in tehy seem nice and stabel in heavy rain and progressively let go when pushed rather than throw you sideways suddenly.

I always like Pirelli Zero Rossos but they were too pricey so thanks to this forum I found out about the Falkens and the camskill site.

Another vote for Camskill and the FK452's.

Excellent tyre if you have a budget, great site, great prices and delivery times.

how do the falkens compare to michellin SP3s(my normal choice) for normal dry weather use? and how about the falken 912 vs 452 or is it just a visual tread pattern thing? (V pattern vs radial pattern)?

Michael

452's are good tyres,i ran a 443 bhp rwd car on those with the odd drag and track day,also kumho ku31,toyo t1r ,all good prices for very good tyres

I ask as my new S3 seems to have a mishmash of nice but worn SP3s on the backs and sava (rubbish) and some dunlops on the fronts. I take the audi quattro manual warning of same make, model/treads and tread depths on all 4 corners with a pinch of salt but even still I'm gonna need 4 new tyres and if the falkens are decent it would save me a little cash. :)

I ask as my new S3 seems to have a mishmash of nice but worn SP3s on the backs and sava (rubbish) and some dunlops on the fronts. I take the audi quattro manual warning of same make, model/treads and tread depths on all 4 corners with a pinch of salt but even still I'm gonna need 4 new tyres and if the falkens are decent it would save me a little cash. :)

for the price you cant go wrong with them,like i say, i ran them with no issues on a 443 bhp rear wheel drive car with no traction control or stability and they performed very well even with abuse they are decent enough to run on an A3 or S3 with 4wd

Toyo proxes T1-R are fantastic IMO.
LMFAO! sorry, I so disagree with that its unreal. Had em on my Subaru and they were not upto scratch at all. Not a patch on Vredesteins or Goodyears imho, and of course it is only imho ;)

LMFAO! sorry, I so disagree with that its unreal. Had em on my Subaru and they were not upto scratch at all. Not a patch on Vredesteins or Goodyears imho, and of course it is only imho ;)

That's fair enough :thumbsup: from what I've experienced with them they are by far my favorite of the exception of Yokohama A048's but Unfortunately I like to stop in the rain without using other peoples cars or houses and don't have a spare £1000 every 5000 miles lol. Amazing in the dry and on track though!

Don't know if anyone is or has run Michelin's but mine squealed like mad! Made me look like some boy racer going round a roundabout and not sure if anyone else spotted the two Audi TT 2.0 TDI Quattro's going round Combe at ADI this year but every corner was ear bursting!! Not good advertisement IMO

I knowna few people on the skyline owners club running around 600bhp and using these tyres and prefer them to most of the higher priced tyres , I have personally used the vreddies and found them dangerous as they give no stability on high speed cornering. Got them off within a week and put kumho ku31,s on

How do you find the 452s in the wet n8? I need two fronts but I'm leaning towards the hankook S1s as I already have them on the rear wheels and they're great. Falkens are 60-70 cheaper per tyre tho, tempting!

How do you find the 452s in the wet n8? I need two fronts but I'm leaning towards the hankook S1s as I already have them on the rear wheels and they're great. Falkens are 60-70 cheaper per tyre tho, tempting!

The 452's are pretty good in the wet. Given the price it is hopefully obvious that the tyres are never going to be the best in all conditions, probabaly not the best in any single area either. But given the price they are a very good all round tyre which aren't going to cause you many problems.

Had them on 350z, Mazda 3 MPS and Megane R26 with no problems. If the A3 wasn't a company car they would be going on there as well (as I don't get much say they will probabaly end up being the Bridgestones)