Aluminium race interior/wrap

1inchpunch

Reaction score
I don't know if the aluminium race (I think that's what it's called) style interior inlays have been about for a while or not but the first time I seen them was in an RS3 so to me they are new. Anyway, I quite fancied some but didn't really want to fork out £200 on a few wee bits of plastic that won't make the car go faster. Decided to wrap the existing stuff instead so thought i'd share.

DSCN1673.jpg

DSCN1676.jpg

Reactions: zippyijk
Great job, how easy to get trim parts off?

And where did you get wrap foil from?

Last edited:
Trim parts are a piece of cake to get off, slide something under them and they just pop off without too much force.

I got the vinyl from a supplier through work but I dare say you could get the exact same stuff from ebay. I've got loads left, I needed a really wide piece so I could get the weave going in the correct direction on both sides of the car as per the trim in the RS3.

Last edited:
Nice one, looks great. How much do you need? About 1m square?

That looks awesome mate, is it possible to do the small piece of trim just to the right of the door handle ???Want to do this on mine

The guy I got it from is old school so he did it in inches :think: (it was a vehicle graphics place). I initially got a piece 3ft by 1ft but the panels for the drivers side have to go at 90degrees to get the weave right and they were longer than 1ft so I had to go get another bit 3ft by 2ft. This means i've probably got enough left to do the job about 3 times over.

1m square would be more than enough. Remember I was doing a sportback though, the front door trim panels are different/bigger on the 3 door.

looks good mate!
can you get any more pictures without the extra light glare on it... it looks really shiny in those pics and a little hard to see.

I tried to take some more pics without glare but It's really difficult as my crappy camera keeps over compensating for the black hole that is the interior on the S-line cars. I can confirm that it's not as shiny as it looks in the pics. The vinyl is a kind of carbon texture with a silk finish and the colour is almost identical to the standard brushed aluminium.

Cal, I dare say you'll get a chance to see it at some point, been keeping an eye out for you on the road.

The guy I got it from is old school so he did it in inches :think: (it was a vehicle graphics place). I initially got a piece 3ft by 1ft but the panels for the drivers side have to go at 90degrees to get the weave right and they were longer than 1ft so I had to go get another bit 3ft by 2ft. This means i've probably got enough left to do the job about 3 times over.

1m square would be more than enough. Remember I was doing a sportback though, the front door trim panels are different/bigger on the 3 door.

He's not old school, just and Englishman working in English :)

Nope, he was a Scotsman working in English which makes it even worse :lmfao:

Anyone have any idea on what the film is used here?