Glovebox lid nightmare

warren_S5

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Last weekend at ADI, I asked the Mrs. to get my SPS out of the glovebox. When she shut it back up the hinge snapped on the left hand (door) side :keule:. I'm sure the dealer has a self destruct button he can press days before trade in so they can offer you sweet FA with all the visible issues! I'm sure when I pull up to hand the keys in and part ex it, the whole car will just collapse into a pile of scrap metal on the dealer forecourt and they'll offer me scrap weight trade in (probably more than the actual Audi trade in price!).

Now as much as I'd love to fund a new glovebox lid days before I hand the car back, is there a 'cheap and cheerful' way of fixing the hinges with some of these amazing glues on the market, or is it a case of fitting a 'bodge bracket' like the A4 clan have been doing?

Any tips or advice appreciated!

Bodge bracket and glue m8, this was the first thing to
Break on our a3 as well. Crappy design imo

Cal

Did you just get a bit of metal and bend it, or get one from a particular shop? Thanks in advance.

I just used a small metal bracket, kinda like something
You find in a meccano set m8

Mate, you wouldn't ******' believe it!!!

it's like the car knows it is going back!

Lots of glue and sticky tape now on order. Anyone for an S3?!

PLEASE film the hand-over just in case it happens, and then post it here. I have visions of this happening........

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmfao:

it's half way there already!

I'm like a snail leaving a train of defunct knackered S3 parts in my wake!

I cant understand why your glovebox should brake just before you hand the car over ! It should have done that the day after the warranty ran out !! |:)

I cant understand why your glovebox should brake just before you hand the car over ! It should have done that the day after the warranty ran out !! |:)

I fiddled with the dates using VAGCOM, and Saturday was the day the car thought it's warranty expired! :)