Coin/Card Tray & Front Dash Ashtray

ST09

Reaction score
Hi All,

How easy is to install card tray on the centre console and also how easy is to install front dash ashtray ... Im looking into trading my current A3 with MY2011 .. It has been specd with non smokers pack plus there are three blanks where you usually get the card tray.

Thanks

Sal

Hi, The coin tray in the dash is a simple job.. just pop into Audi and buy the correct part and then pull the trim off around the buttons and remove the blanks and their holder and insert your coin tray (also if you have a plug for it behind the dash plug the light in so your symbol lights up)
Not sure whats involved witht the ash tray though.

i heard somewhere on here the coin tray doesn't fit the MY11 dash - something to do with the double din cage. i could be wrong, but you might want to check that out with a few others on here to make sure its possible.

i heard it fits previous double din conversions up to about 2009 or something like that - from then onwards Audi changed something behind the dash so it won't fit.

I've read the same thing - my 08 Double din-equipped A3 had the tray, new 10 plate one doesn't, as is the case for all the new ones. Really annoying. I want a cupholder like in the old ones.

Hey guys, just got my 2012 black edition sport back and I only have spacers. Any clue on a good source for a card tray to fit it? And is there wrong ones I could buy!?

Cheers

Ashtray is a couple of bolts to take off the grab-handles, and a few to hold the tray in place, then put everything back in reverse order. I've got an aluminium ash-tray kicking about, if you want to pay for postage you can have it.

I did a how-to sort of thread for taking the ashtray out, the process is the same going the other way.
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3...elete-non-smoker-tray-retrofit-pic-heavy.html

Ah thanks mate that's really kind but it's a card tray (slanted newer version) I'm after not an ashtray. Cheers anyway.

If anyone knows where I can get a card tray for the dash please let me know!

Rich

Sorry apoc, I meant the OP. He said he wanted an ashtray since the car came with the non-smokers pack.

Warning to anyone with a 2012 model car, you cant get the buttons out

Got a slide tray off eBay but alas doesn't fit my 2012.

Card tray goes into dash perfectly but the 3 spacers in my car are NOT removable from the small instrument panel. It's a one peice part.

Damn!

Edit: ok so now im thinking of cutting away the spacers to make room.... terrible idea??!

This is what im facing (pic)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited: