****Major Help Required Guys****

MOOSH

Reaction score
I drive a 2.0 tdi 170 quattro A3 on a 56 (2007) plate with 91K on the clock with full service history.

I bought the car in feb this year and have had what i thought were DPF issue, i replace one of the sensor on the DPF but still the issues continued.

The issue being sometime the car feels like it is doing a regen because whilst normal driving i can feel through the pedal the car dipping and surging (but not as extreme as it sounds) just feels poorly tuned and holding back but its standard, i have often put it down to being a quattro and perhaps it drives different to a friends A4 170 fwd.

So anyway last week about 11ish at night i was travelling back from a friends house which is out a back road so no street lights and very few houses when the car lost power and the glow plug light started flashing so i (as you do) dropped a gear to see if the power was there but no it eventually rolled to a hault on a blind bend in the pitch dark. So i pretty much paniced not because i am scared of the dark but because of how dangerous it was where i broke down becuase the verges were to high to roll the car on to.

So i turned off the ignition thought about it and then tried to start the car, it was a bit hesitant and took a wee while to start but did and reved fine so i carried on home. On the way home the car seemed perky and a bit faster than it has previously so i put it down to perhaps something being blocked but is now un blocked.

Now this morning i started the car and straight away the glow light was flashing and for the full length of my journey but the car seemed to be driving fine with no other lights on or issues other than i felt it was using alot of feul?!

So i turned the car off when i drop the girlfriend off and work and started it again and the light has gone off but the car now feels like it did originally prior to last week where it feels like it is holding back slightly.

Thanks for reading this far! :) i do have a point to reach...

Is this the dreaded injector and loom issue?

I have vagcom so i am going to scan it this evening but i worry it might not show up if the problem is intermittant?

The major issue for me is relability and some of the places i drive in the highlands are pretty dangerous if you break down.

Please help :think:

Sounds like an injector problem from what I've read about on other people's threads

Been on to Audi UK, very helpful so i have to book the car in to audi for the injector check, i will scan it myself on vagcom first tho!