Diagnostic's port - where is it?

I belive it's now located in the engine bay. Don't know exactly where though, sorry.

[ QUOTE ]
They already do - if you press and hold the remote locking button and open if you press and hold the unlock button.

[/ QUOTE ]

im a bit confused,

the windows close - if i accidently leave the passenger window open, after i get out and lock the car on the keyfob ? ( i havent tried this yet )

I would have thought that the would not automatically close, other wise how could you leave them open?
Everytime you left the car with the windows open on purpose you would come back and they would be closed again.

why would you want to leave the windows open ?

opps just spotted your avator ! LOL !

If you just press the lock button, the doors will lock.

If you press and hold the lock button for a about 10sec any open windows and the sunroof, if fitted, will close.

If you want to leave a windows open for some strange reason, just press and release the lock button and the car will lock, but the windows will not close. Then the first breath of wind through the open windows will set off the alarm, unless you disable the ultrasonic sensors using the button in the door pillar.

When you come back to the car on a very hot day you can press the button to unlock the car and switch off the alarm and if you keen the button pressed again for about 10secs the side windows will open.

This is not new - all my A3s since 1998 have worked in exactly the same way.

Don't know about the rear windows on a Sportback as I've never owned one.

Did it yesterday on a SPBK, front and rear windows work.

[ QUOTE ]

HAve you made sure that your ignition is turned on when you try to connect up?

J.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have, the only thing i can think of would be some conflicting software

I'm well interested to have VAG-COM working with my A3 (8p 2005 model). I presume I should need a swversion newer than the car, correct?! What else do I need? Specific cable and nothing else yes?
According to seen information it's not possible to change anything in the ecu definitions (egr, turbo pressure, etc), isn't it?
Even like that is always good to have a diagnostic sw and since I'm computer engineer with special motoring interests I should have it.....:p

[ QUOTE ]

Yuo can test that Vag-com communicates wth the cable, it's a built in feature. What version are you running?

J.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep vag-com communicates with the cable, but doesn't with the car.
oh well i will keep trying maybe a program running is preventing it communicating..