modification advice

Spud_

Reaction score
Hi, i have a standard 8p2 a3 2.0 TDi and am starting to look at modifying it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and also any tips as I'm a complete newbie when it comes to modifying cars in any way

Thanks Chris

IMO, get the largest Jap style spoiler you can find and super glue it to the roof. Then cover the underside of your car in Neons, flashing ones. Finally raise your car up above standard height (kinda like a monster truck) and fit some really small wheels, preferably with hub caps.
Dont forget to put loads of badges like 'Superchaged & Nitrous' in as many places as you can find!

HTH :)

Reactions: Charlie_Williams
Sorry, couldnt resist. But seriously read the forum and get some ideas
laugh.gif

Oh and Welcome!

Thanks for the advice, already ordered a new set of wheels got some rs4 reps. And Ash the My09 lights are gonna be ordered by the end of the week looks so much better.
with regards to lowering the car should i go for coil overs or springs sorry if it seems like a redundant question but really don't have much of a clue only what I've briefly skimmed over on this site today

Need some more knowledge. As I have decided I am going to convert my A3 to look like an S3 would it only be the front bumper bar I would need to modify during this process?

Also would a standard a3 grill fit the s3 bumper or would I have to get a new grill as well as front bumper?

And last but not least whats a good price for these as don't really want to pay over the top prices as could use the money on other mods for my car.

Thanks Chris

I thought the rear bumper you could fit any 8P bumper on as long as it was 3dr on 3dr or 5dr on 5dr and i plan on doing side skirts just soon as i find a pair i understand about those two aspects just the front bumper confusing me a bit with so many different options

Need some more knowledge. As I have decided I am going to convert my A3 to look like an S3 would it only be the front bumper bar I would need to modify during this process?

Also would a standard a3 grill fit the s3 bumper or would I have to get a new grill as well as front bumper?

And last but not least whats a good price for these as don't really want to pay over the top prices as could use the money on other mods for my car.

Thanks Chris

Hi Chris,

A3 grille won't fit an S3 one as it's too big. Depending what grille you want chrome ones for anything up to £160 used. Optic black grilles rare as to find used so anything from £150+ they cost over £300 from a dealer.
You need to cut the crash bar 2cm x 20cm. Are you going to do the side skirts and rear bumper? S3 front bumper anything under £200 a bargain. You will also need fog lights and fog lights surround. Good luck

i think you should put some alcantara in the engine bay, would look so sweet...

if you're after some budget coilovers, I have some JOMs which will be goibg for cheeeaaap within a month or so! PM me if you're interested bud!

We'd get a better idea of what looks good if you put up some pictures, and a budget might help but remember that everyone has different tastes when it comes to modifications... I personally thing that "slammed" cars are dropped too far and look silly, but to some people they're the pinnacle of modified cars. Your tastes won't be the same as anyone else's, nor will everyone's advice be the same.

A drop to at least S-Line height will look pretty good unless you like your car to look like a range rover, bigger wheels are usually good. I'd do an S-Line conversion, if it's possible + within budget.

Hi Chris,

A3 grille won't fit an S3 one as it's too big. Depending what grille you want chrome ones for anything up to £160 used. Optic black grilles rare as to find used so anything from £150+ they cost over £300 from a dealer.
You need to cut the crash bar 2cm x 20cm. Are you going to do the side skirts and rear bumper? S3 front bumper anything under £200 a bargain. You will also need fog lights and fog lights surround. Good luck

Yeah going to do side skirts and rear bumpers when i find some.
Judging by the prices you listed there I'm guessing Genuine OEM Audi S3 Front Bumper & Grille 8P 8PA 2006- | eBay is quite a good price for both?(assuming they fit my car messaged him about part numbers to confirm that)