Car's just gone back :(

Eeef

Lord of War
Reaction score
Had it just less than a week and it's gone back already /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Should get it back tonight hopefully with the interior lights fixed...

It's in another post, but essentially the backlights to the headlight switch/ asr/airbag etc and the entire interior light pack flashed intermittently.

Rather than just being a loose connection as I thought it would be, apparently the lighting system has it's own ECU!! The M.T. had apparently seen it b4 and was fairly confident of a resolution.

so far, mine has gone back for:

1. Get the 6 cd changer (glove box) fitted that I had ordered originally.
2. Get the rear shocks replace (noisy)
3. Get air-con fan (the one in the engine bay) changed (noisy)
4. Get air-con pump replaced (it wasn't the fan that was noisy)
5. Tomorrow, I get a new rear base speaker (noisy, in the wrong kind of way)

Still love the car though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

oh, I still get a spike of interference on any radio station every 5 seconds... but they're working on that one. Unfortunately, the SatNav+ only works with a certain car (yes, just one car, ie.e. mine) so they are going to get another SatNav+, take mine out, reprogram the other one to work on my car, fit it, see if it still makes the noise... then take it from their. Phew!

Slimbloke / Kash0

Is the base speaker sounding like it is buzzing / vibrating? I am intrigued by your outcome as mine is in for this at the moment and I have been told that it is coming from the rubber flaps which allow the air from the rear base speaker area inside the boot surround to escape. It is recognised by Audi as a fault but they have no remedy. Mine is Bose.

Also, your car will lock if you switch the ignition off, pull key out and leave the car. Happened on my old A3 and this one, leaving my wife inside, technically locked in and then triggering the alarm!

Cheers.