• 1 Post By 1750bulldog

Thread: Auto dimming rear view mirror

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook

Auto dimming rear view mirror

Hi guys,

just another quick query. My S3 doesnt have the auto-dimming rear view mirror. My last audi did aswell as auto-dimming wing mirrors. Now how easy would it be to fit the rear view mirror as going back to a normal one is beginning to hack me off as the drivers up north are ignorant gits and dip for no-one. Im not bothered about the wing mirrors but I want to fit the auto-dimming one or photo-chromatic as its called. Hopefully its not too difficult.

Regards

Brodster

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Work: A3 Sportback Black Edition 2.0TDI Home: A4 Avant 2.0 TDI Quattro S-Line

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    to fit the mirror you need to replace the windscreen to get the correct bracket that the mirror sits onto. unfortunately the standard windscreen does not have the right bracket for the auto-dimming mirror.
    you then need to get the parts for the install, the mirror, the covers for the wires and the harness. you then need to wire it into the CE module to complete the mod.

I have just done this as i was retrofitting the Auto lights and rain sensing pack onto the car which the auto dimming mirror also comes a part of.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

1st Gear

Status
    Is it easy enough to fit auto dimming wing mirrors?? Is it plug and play with all the harnesses already there as I have auto dimming interior mirror?
    Lava Grey A3 Hatchback S-line 170 Quattro, 18" Speedline Turini's, Bilstein B8 Shocks, 35mm H&R Springs, H&R ARB's, Small Remap, Darkside Development EGR Delete, K&N Panel, Full S3 Brakes, Yellow Stuff Pads, Drilled/Grooved Disc's, Bi-Xenons, DRL's, Full Leather, RNS-E/Changer/Bose, LED Interior Light Pack + Ambient Lighting, Rain And Light Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Auto Folding Mirrors, Black Grill/Badges, MY11 Rears, Lamin-x Fogs.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    No its not already wired for the sides, if you have folding mirrors then the mirror wires are there, in as far from the external side mirror to the door module, but thats as far as it goes.

I do however offer this service if of interest to Brodster/Rob

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers NHN, I have auto fold mirrors. What else would I need other than the auto dim mirrors (or can you just buy the glass)?
    Lava Grey A3 Hatchback S-line 170 Quattro, 18" Speedline Turini's, Bilstein B8 Shocks, 35mm H&R Springs, H&R ARB's, Small Remap, Darkside Development EGR Delete, K&N Panel, Full S3 Brakes, Yellow Stuff Pads, Drilled/Grooved Disc's, Bi-Xenons, DRL's, Full Leather, RNS-E/Changer/Bose, LED Interior Light Pack + Ambient Lighting, Rain And Light Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Auto Folding Mirrors, Black Grill/Badges, MY11 Rears, Lamin-x Fogs.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Needs wiring in, its not a 5 minute job either.

I actually have a set of 09/10 folding/autodimming mirrors with covers & led's for sale if interested anyone

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

2nd Gear

Status
    Brodster, i have done a retro fit for this mod, without having
    To change the windscreen, it looks and works like factory,
    Im kinda wishing i had done howtos for my mods, but
    I can still help you with it, if you decide to go ahead
    With said mod.

Cal

Neutral

Status
    hi all i have facelifted my 06 sline to 2011 spec,when i bought new wing mirrors they had auto dimming glass in which i am not using if someone wants to trade there standard glass and cash on top we could trade,pm me
    hendry10 likes this.

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by 1750bulldog View Post
    hi all i have facelifted my 06 sline to 2011 spec,when i bought new wing mirrors they had auto dimming glass in which i am not using if someone wants to trade there standard glass and cash on top we could trade,pm me
    hi mate i am interested. pm'd you
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

1st Gear

Status
    I'm too late as usual lol

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

the dimming mirrors being sold are for the facelift dumbos. I have backed out so they are all yours
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme187 View Post
    the dimming mirrors being sold are for the facelift dumbos. I have backed out so they are all yours
    I actually have a set of 09/10 folding/autodimming mirrors with covers & led's for sale if interested anyone .. Thats probably why NHN wrote 09/10 mirrors.. I'm just after the glass