NEWBIE QUESTION ABOUT FORGE DUMP VALVES

Dicko89

Reaction score
Done a bit of searching previous to making this thread but i am still pretty clueless as to what forge dump valve i need for my car, i own the 1.8tfsi unit, a point in the right direction as to exactly what product i am better off having would be much appreciated.

Think you need an adapter to get a proper dump valve. Forge re-circ valve is FMDV007p (or the new 008p).

1.8T VAG engine don't use a dump valve (the releases pressure to the atmosphere), they use a recirculating valve that dumps it back into the exhaust system. We get a subtle whoosh, not the psshhhh you hear on modded Scoobys. To get a dump valve, or blow-off valve, you need to get some adapter that I assume closes the re-circ loop and then dumps the pressure externally. Forge do both, so it depends if you want to increase the performance capacity if the car by upgrading the re-circ valve, or if you want the show-off bonus of a dump valve.

from what i know, dump valves are a NO GO ZONE for most VAG turbo charged engines as it creates errors and causes engine management light to go on plus the car might go into limp mode..

you a need recirculating valve plus an induction cold air intake which should give you a loud whoosh as you release you pedal between gear changes.

i know that forge and bailey do some but you would need to ask the likes of jabba sports, awesome gti, badger 5.

i might also be interested coz ive got the 1.8 tfsi a3 but funds are tight at the moment.

Done a bit of searching previous to making this thread but i am still pretty clueless as to what forge dump valve i need for my car, i own the 1.8tfsi unit, a point in the right direction as to exactly what product i am better off having would be much appreciated.

Like I said, Forge FMDV007p is the most popular by far, but they also have a newer model called the 008p.