Bluetooth car kit

Eeef

Lord of War
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good blue tooth car kit, that'll reuse the car speakers and utilise the phone mute functio9n on the stereo?

Or a good forum where i can re-ask this question?

Eeef - Sony Ericsson HCB-300, works well and is backlit in red and white to match the car. (can be seen in the insde picture between the centre air vents - A3 pictures

Eeef what phone have you got?

I used to use a bluetooth car kit (nokia ck-1w) with my nokia 6310i and 6230 and it wasn't all that I changed it after 6 months to a hard wired one which worked a million times better.

Since then it's just sat in the garage. Personally I would go for the hard wired one.

J.

Im having the Nokia 610 remote sim car kit installed next week, i have this kit in my van aswel and its first class, as it access you sim on the mobile and uses its own ariel, it comes with its own little display and jog wheel.

as soon as you turn on the ignition it automaticly connects to your phone.

Its first class, but does cost a bit though

I had a parrot BT kit which I used with a Nokia 6310i.

Only problem was it would every now and then not connect to the phone and I had to turn off the ignition. Right Pain!

I then bought a CK-7W - which is both BT and pop port - Worked much better than the parrot - and supported car profile rather than headset.

Worked much better - until I changed jobs and got a P900 - which doesn't support car profile - so won't work!

Hopefully going back to a nokia soon as the P900 has lots of faults/niggles!

Mark

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

popup_carkit_616.jpg

I have a Parrot CK3100 waiting to go in my car (see other power thread! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ). I have heard good reports about this. The main reason I went for this is that I plan to change my phone soon, and did not want to have to change car kits.

Having said this, if I were planning on doing lots of driving I would go with a hard-wired kit for two reasons:

1. Always have a fully charged phone
2. The aerial

If I ever manage to find a switched power source and get the Parrot kit fitted I will report back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Toby.

Eef,
have a search in the forums for my "kind of review" when I got my b/t kit installed. Not sure how to post the link to my thread, so you'll need to search for it - either in this forum or the ICE one.

Whilst bluetooth is supposed to be a common standard, Nokia have been nobbling it since day one, and i've yet to hear of anyone who is happy with any Nokia + non-Nokia set up. Nokia b/t kit with Nokia phone seems to be OK, but then that's a bit like only being able to use Audi fuel in our A3's!!

My SonyEricsson works mint with any b/t phone I chuck at it - currently a SE T610 & Moto V600. A Huntley in the thread above has positioned his in the same location I did, and it looks great - esp at night the lighting looks OEM.

Got mine professionally installed and it mutes hifi and sound comes through car speakers.

Mint!!!