t8ups

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.emtuning.co.uk
Hi All,

as some of you know i supply LED bulbs, but there is nothing for the 2009+ A3 without having to use resistors.

so i was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out with some ACTUAL readings of the current that the car gives when the plate lights are on, you would need a multi meter to help.

i would need 2 readings from the 1 car,

car turned on with plate lights on.
and car off with side lights on.

if i can get more than 1 person to do this then i can see that the cars are running the same and i can submit these readings to the factory and they can make me the bulb with the higher resistants so it dont through an error on your DIS, and you wont have to use the external resistor.

if i can get 2 members having a go for me then there will be a free pair of the new numberplate LEDs in it for you...

would like it ASAP so i can get the testers in before the end of next week and then if successful then get a batch in to supply members with the 2009+ cars that are wanting to do this mod.

Thanks
Trups

AFAIK I don't have a multimeter :sorry: but if I can source one from someone then I'll get back to you! I'll ask a few people who might have one I can borrow.

I SO want some of these Trups!! Will definitely be ordering some from you when you crack it. :wub: xx

Thanks guys, cant crack it unless i have some readings from a couple of members!

they should hopefully be no more than £10 a set depending how much the factory charge me for the modifications in the resistants but i can do a good deal for all.

just hope we can get some in the next few days so i can get them over to me to test in a car and then il get the batch in!

Same as Paulie all the lights I've ordered so far from Trups have been top notch!!!

Last edited:
If you don't get any luck I'm 40 miles away could maybe drive up one day so you can test on my car!!

That would be cool Lance, we will keep an eye to see what happens as i want this moving asap so you can all get the bulbs in ready for the darker nights.

Trups,

I have a mate with a 10-plate Sportback. If I can meet up with him I'll try to get some readings for you.

Ryan, that would be awesome if you could, like i said in the OP, if i can get two readings then there will be a free pair in it for you.

i also posted the other bulbs and lamp back out today so keep an eye out in the post.

Thanks
Trups

I've not forgot about you mate, my mate at audi is gonna test one for you when he has on 09 plate to work on!

I live in the states and got my LED bulbs from ZIZA they have a heatsink built in and are polarity sensitive bulbs.. I haven't had any kind of bulb trip errors whats so ever on my 2009 a3 Audi A3 FWD 2.0T > Lighting > LED > ES#252856 A3 LED License Plate Bulbs - Pair - T10W37KT-10 This is where I got mine
Says in the Ad that they will trip the warning light on 09 onwards!
'Featuring built in resistors, making these a simple plug and play procedure
Some 2009 and newer models will trip a bulb out error code'

i would very much like to help you out, ill see if i can get my hands on a multimeter :)

Last edited:
My car is 58 plate, does this mean I also can't have LED plate lights?

My car is 58 plate, does this mean I also can't have LED plate lights?

Not necessarily, Chappy as I believe 1animal1 has LED number plate lights that work perfectly in his facelift S3, which IIRC is an MY09 also. Get in touch with him and he might be able to tell you where he got them from. :wub: x

Do you still need these readings bud?

I might be able to get mine out this week. I can measure my 59plate and my 61plate (when it arrives)

Just had led puddle lights ,led map lights,led footwell lights ,led interior lights ,led number plate all working perfectly ,, thanks to t8ups , robina3 and my best mate wesley for fitting everything fantasic job....