how low can i go????

Garry Tunstall

Reaction score
hey, new to the site so i just thort id put up my first post.
got a A3 3.2 quattro about 6 months ago after changing from a astra vxr, and have done a few mods so far but i am wanting to lower it on 18" RS4 alloys.
i have looked around but cant seem to find what im looking for. what are the lowest lowering springs you can buy for the quattro?
got a mate who lowerd a bora on JOM coilovers but he sed they were crap so he took them off and sold them!
can you get 60mm springs from anywere?
also can anyone suggest anyone with any wheels or an exhaust for sale?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive got JOM coilovers and they're a steal for the money ....and Ive had a lot of very expensive coilovers before so I can compare.

Im not sure anyone makes a -60mm springs option as Im not sure the standard dampers would cope with that!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Best to get coilovers don't think you can get springs to go that low. I also have bbs cks for sale :)

As above, standard shocks won't cope! Why don't you get some better coilovers then JOM, plenty of great budget brands around, i.e. AP/V-Maxx etc

I had the JOM's on my 3.2, took them off after a couple of weeks, loads of problems with knocking, turned out the struts have shims and the struts were moving, tightening didn't help.

I would avoid them and save for some decent budget coilovers like V maxx or go for springs, H & R or Eibach are popular.

Theres all the info you could need on this forum, hit the search button, but be prepared to start paying out when the mod bug bites! lol

Let us know how you get on :)

Damian@dpm is a very good source for suspension systems, give him a shout if N8 cant help.