New S3 Order

andywaddy

Reaction score
Morning all,

I'm looking to throw in an order for an S3 at the end of this week but I just have one issue - Is it possible to order a Black Edition but keep the aluminium inlays? I like everything the Black Edition offers apart from the piano black inlays; heard they are a nightmare to keep fingerprint and scratch free. Plus, I just overall prefer the alu look over the black finish.
Also, will the roof lining still be black if I don't go with the Black Edition?

I know these are trivial questions but ideally I only want to be doing this the once! lol.

Many Thanks,

Andy

I have never had any scratching or cleaning issues with piano black. Now the RNSE surround is piano black std as well it looks ace IMHO. silver trim looks very VXR :) Headlining in S3's is black in std or black edition.

The headlining is black as standard on an S3 but you can change it to light grey (I did).

The piano black around the gear stick in particular scratches very easy, if you have it from new and your careful then the black may be ok. I've had two with the black before and they were grubby after 20k or so, depends how o.c.d you are I suppose. I prefer alu.

I can vouch for the fingerprint side of things. I find it impossible to keep them fingerprint clean for longer than a day! It gives me something to do at traffic lights though :happy:

Reactions: andywaddy
For this reason I've asked my dealer to order alu sills and have them ready installed for when I collect it, but I'm still waiting for a price and an answer. Problem was I asked after the ink had dried on the contract.

Thanks for the replies, very much appreciated.

I'm ****** sick of these choices I'm having to make haha....3-door or sportback, black edition or no black edition, white or black paint etc etc. It's a nightmare! HELP! The only thing I'm positive on is the DSG box...

...I genuinely feel like a woman with this lack of decision making! :)

For this reason I've asked my dealer to order alu sills and have them ready installed for when I collect it, but I'm still waiting for a price and an answer. Problem was I asked after the ink had dried on the contract.

If you manage to get hold of a price/answer on the above, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could let me know if possible. Be interesting to see what they come back with.

i've got a horrible feeling £300+ labour was a finger in the air price which is rich considering it's being chosen as something thats a normal option on a standard S3. Thing is I've seen the gloss black and it's a right F-PITA for maintenance and keeping clean so I may need to try and install it myself as it's looking down the barrel of £500 which is 'serious options' money for some tatty trim.

get something like a pastic screen protector for your inlays... then no fingerprints! im sure there is someone selling that stuff in rolls :ninja:

Dont be put off by piano black inserts, my car was 4 years old when i picked it up and the trim had more scratches than an old record! 20 mins later with Xerapol plastic polish (german) and the trim was back to new condition