Diesel tisss and blow off

RobMorris

Reaction score
Chaps

Car is '53' A3 8L 2.0 tdi

Ive noticed at low speeds/gears a dump value 'tisss' and turbo 'blow off' noise perhaps through the airbox.

Is this normal to hear from a standard car? from cold start its at its loudest - loud enough for people down the street to turn heads!

I dont mind the noise - In fact id like it louder! But ive not heard it from other cars, so I wonder if ive a problem?

Cheers

Mine does it too, I thought it was something to do with the pipes leaking or something? but I haven't really been bothered to do anything about it

Chaps

Car is '53' A3 8L 2.0 tdi

Ive noticed at low speeds/gears a dump value 'tisss' and turbo 'blow off' noise perhaps through the airbox.

Is this normal to hear from a standard car? from cold start its at its loudest - loud enough for people down the street to turn heads!

I dont mind the noise - In fact id like it louder! But ive not heard it from other cars, so I wonder if ive a problem?

Cheers

This is the 8P section mate - try posting in the 8L section !

It's a dump valve on your car. When you change gear after the turbo has been in, it releases the gases making the tish noise. You can actually purchase a dump valve spacer (Known as the forge dump valve spacer) which bolts onto your car and will make that noise.. louder! I've experienced this when the turbo has been in, and I lift off to change gear it sounds like a wush!

I know someone who has the same engine as me (1.4 Turbo) and he has the dump valve fitted, sounds really good!

Not sure if this is helpful? - Seat Leon 1.4 TSi with FORGE BOV (sound) - YouTube

It's a dump valve on your car. When you change gear after the turbo has been in, it releases the gases making the tish noise. You can actually purchase a dump valve spacer (Known as the forge dump valve spacer) which bolts onto your car and will make that noise.. louder! I've experienced this when the turbo has been in, and I lift off to change gear it sounds like a wush!

I know someone who has the same engine as me (1.4 Turbo) and he has the dump valve fitted, sounds really good!

Not sure if this is helpful? - Seat Leon 1.4 TSi with FORGE BOV (sound) - YouTube

Sorry mate but the 2.0l tdi BKD engine does not have a dump valve !

Oh right! I've never had a diesel but it just sounded like a dump valve :/ So just out of interest, how does the turbo differ?

Mine does the same and i love the sound with growing up working on my dads subaru I love the sound but prefer the A3 looks and the insurance cost for now and I love the sound, and until yesterday use to send out Bat smoke from the rear lol