£77

paddy

Reaction score
I got £77 of petrol in the S3 today......how ****** depressing is that ?:sob:

When you think the Govt get 75% (at least) of the total bill in tax / VAT how can we be so ****** skint as a nation!

On a brighter note, a good 320 miles there if you drive it moderately carefully!!

When you think the dirty thieving gypsy barstewards get 75% (at least) of the total bill in tax / VAT how can we be so ****** skint as a nation!

On a brighter note, a good 320 miles there if you drive it moderately carefully!!

I got £77 of petrol in the S3 today......how ****** depressing is that ?:sob:

I filled up in Kidderminster and brimmed the tank for the same amount in my 2.0TDI!

Yeah i got £75 in my 2.0 TDI the other day, but that was from it being almost bone dry, and that was with me still filling after the click lol.

Hi Warren , not seen you around for a while...must be nearly the big day ?
Spencer....I did 70 miles yesterday and got ave 36mpg.....but it sort of defeat's the object of running an S3 :)

i cant seem to put over fifty quid in mine it causes my hand to let go and my eyes start to water

i put in around £75 a week in my 2.0TDI... but then i get over 500 miles in it :)
Yes i do ALOT of mileage!! average around 50mpg +

i can get around £89 in mine but on an average week around £25-30 as i only work 9 miles from home so not too bad lol

Even S3 guys have it easy compared to my dad, who drives a 3.0 TDI Q7, he get's 20mpg and a full tank costs about £150!!

Wow I must have been gone for ages! Paddy gone to the dark side never!!:uhm::undwech:

Nice car btw paddy :eyebrows:

no paddy was just stating how sad 77 quid was to fill then us derv warriors have hijacked with how many miles we get as usual lol

i can get around £89 in mine but on an average week around £25-30 as i only work 9 miles from home so not too bad lol

****** hell mate !! how much is petrol round your way ? £89 in a 53ltr tank is £1.67 ltr

Hi Warren , not seen you around for a while...must be nearly the big day ?

Some idiot gave me 2.5 weeks off on annual leave so I've been hanging outside Cafe Del Mar and such the like!

IMG_1464.jpg

Car went to build last Monday, so we're expecting it to be delivered in the last week of October all things going to plan!

Started back at work this week so the pain is way too great to be looking at petrol prices and MPG!

I managed to squeeze 54 litres in my SB TDI 140 (now 182) last week, costing me 72 euros down here in nice. I got about 310 miles down the road, the tank reading half...... proved a point to myself that my car can be economical but with the speed limit down here 130km/h everyone is doing 140-150 km/h I CAN'T NOT drive fast. Average around 500

i pretty much have to do this on a weekly basis. Sickening, but worth every penny. Well sort of.

Car went to build last Monday, so we're expecting it to be delivered in the last week of October all things going to plan!

Warren, you haven't had your car yet?! We got given the same date didn't we? Mine was ready 1 week before Sept and I had to tell them to hold on to it until the new plates come out!

£78 in my S3 on Friday - all gone by Sunday night. Averaged 30 mpg on a motorway run. WTF is the point in having an S3 and seeing how high you can get the MPG!? As for 36mpg in an S3 - how on earth did you do that??

has anyone got a s3 on gas conversion or is that just missing the point of a s3

Paddy, have you ever checked your DIS MPG for accuracy? My S3 is surprisingly accurate as previous Audis have overestimated MPG by 10-15%. I have only achieved 36MPG once, recently on a late-night trip home running on empty, no petrol stations open, never went above 40mph & had to drive 12 miles with 0 miles showing on DIS :ohmy: Never again!!

Warren, you haven't had your car yet?! We got given the same date didn't we? Mine was ready 1 week before Sept and I had to tell them to hold on to it until the new plates come out!

:uhm:

Yup! Still no sign of mine. Always hovered between week 39/40 build week, and not sure if spec affects them.

Have you got photos of yours up on here; I'd love to see the colour on S3 as Ive only seen it on TT-S

I put over £120 in my Vivaro everyweek, now thats depressing, last filled the A3 up WEEKS and WEEKS ago :laugh: But your a baller Pad, you've got the big coin.

:uhm:

Yup! Still no sign of mine. Always hovered between week 39/40 build week, and not sure if spec affects them.

Have you got photos of yours up on here; I'd love to see the colour on S3 as Ive only seen it on TT-S

When I first put my order in, I had it specced with Phantom Black and they gave me a build week of mid August. After I saw your post about Panther Black, I rang them up and changed it and they then gave me a build week of mid October. Beginning of August I get a call saying it'll be in the show room on the 26th of Aug! They also didn't charge me extra for the Panther, so happy days!

No piccies of it on here yet. I've only driven it for 6 days so far! I work abroad, so not had the chance to give it a proper detail and take pictures of it yet. That'll happen end of the month. But you'll have yours by then. One thing I'll tell you though... its a stunning colour! Really does go well with it!

Last edited:
£78 in my S3 on Friday - all gone by Sunday night. Averaged 30 mpg on a motorway run. WTF is the point in having an S3 and seeing how high you can get the MPG!? As for 36mpg in an S3 - how on earth did you do that??

Cruise set at 65mph and up and down the A29 :) Might as well be in a Micra but you "WILL" get done down that road at anything over 71mph, S3 or not ! Cops everywhere on a Sunday because its a biker route. As for your £78 lasting 2 days...I have , well just sold, a second home in Norfolk....when i go there £78 last me 4 hours :)

Last edited:
has anyone got a s3 on gas conversion or is that just missing the point of a s3

I had a Zafira VXR on Gas.
And I thinks its cheaper than my 170TDi to run compared to v-power diesel. with normal diesel its about the same.
50l of gas was about £33-£35 and getting 250 miles to a tank. The only downside was its £445 a year road tax and I wasn't using more than 3/4 seats.

Ive been gone for a while but now im back.

Yea Paddy glad you've seen the light and got an s3...well done! nice motor....shame its an:p autmatic... only messin mate hahah

:whistle2: I'm saying nothing!!! Fuels cheaper over here so its 98 ron all the way! Cheer up P, it could be alot worse if you still had the commute!!