Panoramic Roof Blind

chrisb72

Reaction score
I've managed to damage the clip that fastens the fixed rear sunroof blind.

Has anyone any experience in fixing this problem. Looking at the catch I think it's a dealer fix rather than a DIY fix.

No doubt it won't be a cheap fix, but probably needs sorting as I can no longer close the rear sun blind.

Any help appreciated.

Same happened to me - probably a week after i bought the car (now out of warranty). Would be interested in hearing the best (cheapest!) way of getting this sorted also

I suspect the heat coming through the glass has over time weakened the plastic making it brittle.

It chose the wrong time to break in this mad October sunshine!

My dealer isn't prepared to estimate over the phone so will have to pop in at the weekend!

Anyone know how hard it is to remove the roof liner on a sportback as I think that would be stage 1 to fixing this problem?

Got a quote from my dealer today and as I suspected it's not a cheap fix!

New sun blind £149
+
3.5 hours labour

Coming to a total of £482

I'm not rushing to have it fixed at this price and wondered if anyone had an inventive ideas that might not cost as much money?!

Last edited:
Here are a few pictures of the broken catch...

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

Bumping this in case anyone ever came up with a fix. I have the same issue on my front blind

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

plastic welding involved for cheap fix, you will need some soldering station, black plastic (good it from same type of plastic) and weld it.
Skip to 6.50: