2.0 tfsi flutter noise

Leon tfsi

Reaction score
Had the car about 6 months and I've recently started noticing a flutter noice when coming off the accelerator very similar to the wastegate chatter my mates 200sx used to make only quieter. The car has a forge d/v with a vacuum pipe leading to it from the front of the engine bay near the evap sensor. Should I be hearing this noise or is this turbo stall I keep reading about. I'm not sure if this noise has allways been there or not but it's now very noticable.
Anyone got a 2.0 tfsi with this d/v? And if so do you get this flutter noise or not? Should I be worried?
Thanks

Forgot to say, d/v was fitted by previous owner so has been on since I bought the car. Not sure if it's always made this noise or not. Maybe I just never noticed it or never drove without music on. Or maybe it's a new noise, I can't be sure.

i had the same noise when i changed my d/v to another OEM d/v last week i didnt plug the connector back into it properly, had a fault code on my vag com. had a look and soon as i plugged it back in its totally fine now hope this helps thanks

What connector was it? I had someone look at it this week who said one of the pipes was off but even though it's back on the noise is still there. Could a faulty d/v blow a pipe off maybe? If the d/v is faulty will it cause any running issues? Low boost maybe?

Bump - anyone got any ideas?

Dont think many of us run Forge D/V's mate, as the Rev D OEM unit is just as good for a third of the price. It doesn't sound right though. Confused though as you say there is a pipe running from it the front of the engine... The OEM valve just has a electrical connector on it and no vac pipe so what ever mod has been done that could be your problem....

Im thinking I'd be better off putting it all back to standard. I think my mate who looked at it said he thinks the boost controller has been moved to the d/v which is why the new pipe is there. What would I need to go to factory spec then and what's the likely cost of that?
Thanks

Im thinking I'd be better off putting it all back to standard. I think my mate who looked at it said he thinks the boost controller has been moved to the d/v which is why the new pipe is there. What would I need to go to factory spec then and what's the likely cost of that?
Thanks

Rev D D/v are around £55 from Audi or VW or Skoda as they all sell them.... As for what is required to put it back to standard I couldn't answer as I don't know whats been done to make it non standard if you know what I mean....