JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
    5th Gear

Status

Bi-Xenon Projector Help

Right all i have a bixenon headlamp here and i was checking the projector as it was facing upwards. I removed the bulb and i noticed that the whole projector moves up and down by around 1cm. It hits the bottom and sits level but its not sitting in a straigt level position as it can be moved around by hand.

I looked inside and noticed that one of the adjustment screws at the top has this white kind of clip which moves as you turn the adjustment screw. The hook of the bi xenon projector is in between this white clip and the bottom black plastic of the headlight? Is this correct and just part of the self levelling mechanism which will adjust it or should the metal hook be inside the white plastic clip.

When i sit the headlamp flat the projector falls level and when i adjust the white screw it allows the projector to adjust very minor when it is moved up and down manually (This is until the hook hits the white plastic clip)

I have added photos below to help explain, also if anyone has a headlamp laying around could they possibly take a photo of this bit?? I saw a post from khufu on how to change the bulbs but i could not see this part in it.

Many thanks
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    did I?? LOL

Had look at old halogen lights there but they are completely different. It really does look like it should be in there though, whats the other side like or is it still in the car?
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

5th Gear

Status
    damn khufu my bad bro! it was smudge don. Just thought i would update you i fixed it!

All it was turned the manual adjusters and slightly pulled forward the silver metal piece and slotted it in. Job done :-)
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

MPG the new BPH

Status
    tried looking at mine but its verry tight cant see alot

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!