What do you guys and girls think?

DJ-S3

Reaction score
Hi, i'm going to look at a Audi S3 07 Plate this weekend and i was wondering if you thought there'd be any problems with 84000miles on the clock? I've never really had a problem in the past with high mileage but then again i've never bought a car at £13500 before or one as new as this. You could say i'm a bit worried about the kind of money i'm about to spend on something with such high mileage for its age. Just thought i'd ask on here if i should worry? Really for piece of mind.

07 Plate
Sprint Blue
84000 Miles
Sat nav
Full Black Leather
Flat Bottom Steering Wheel With Multifunction
Folding Wing Mirrors (didn't know they had that as an option :s)

Let me know what you think? Any advice welcome...

Cheers Dom

i would be a little worryed about that millage on a car of that nature but it all depends on how its been driven also if its had no expense spared on it when problems occur

Not being funny but they can't even be bothered to clean it for the pictures that will sell it!

Relatively high mileage for the year,which means it may well have been a company car or suchlike.
If it's been serviced regularly,and has a full history it may well be fine,but what you don't know is how it's been treated,and if it's been mapped and driven hard....also,take a look at what the guy is selling as well as this.....cars and parts.

Personally wouldn't buy a car off ebay but as said, if serviced properly and the car looks good on inspection, there shouldn't be any problem with the car at 84k as along as the major services have been carried out.

if the car is being sold by original owner, he should be able to explain alot and answer as many questions as possible backed up with quite a lot of receipts and bills for paid work and warrantee claims/recalls e.t.c.
in other words a bunch of receipts.
if he is not the original owner then i would be worried.
as many others have said, these car do get seriously abused regardless of whether it was lady owned or male owned.
get a professional mechanic to go over the car with a fine tooth comb and scan it for any logged faults.
make sure you start the car from absolute cold.
look for alot of words to strike up a very long conversation to buy alot of time while the engine runs.
ask if the car is in daily use or has suddenly not being driven for over a month.
if it has been left standing for a while with high milage then it could hide potential faults.
look for the biting point of the clutch.
if the engine bay has just been jet washed, be afraid.
dont let the seller distract you with the satnave or music as you need to be listening to the engine, suspension
plus other knocking or droneing noises.
and lastly dont be over-consumed by your passion.
the looks and drive of the Audi S3 can be quite intoxicating.
keepthat passsion at home before going to look at the car.

Last edited:
high milage is not the end of the world.
at 84k miles that engine should be well
run in or lossened up.
these engines will go way past 200k miles.
dirty alloys shouldnt worry you, its
the composition of the dirt on the wheels
that should worry you.
HPI clear is nonsense as tons
of crashed cars escape the HPI list.
INSPECT THE MASTER CYLINDER & DIFFRENTIALS FOR LEAKAGE.
ALSO LOOK AT THE PROPSHAFT WHERE IT MEETS THE DIIF FOR PLAY.
just do your homework and if happy,
aim for £10999 or £11200.

Last edited: