MFSW install Guide?

Pablo1

Reaction score
Hi guy's i'm new to the forum but like many people have been browing and reading-up for months.

I was hoping there was a guide for retro fitting MFSW but other than lots of posts regarding parts,
i can't find anything....

I have an A3 8P with the wrong steering ecu but I have now bought the correct ECU to fit along with
the new MFSW and airbag cable. No doubt i'll figure it out but i'd rather read a guide first so i don't
break anything! lol

If anybody can suggest a guide from somewhere or send a few pointers my way it would be appreciated.

Cheers Guys! :)

Pablo.. How did you find out which ecu you required? Also a Guide is a brilliant idea!

You need a Highline Steering ECU with the prefix 8P0 (8P being the chassis for the A3)

Only Highline ECU's for the A3 that I know of are 8P0 953 549 F & 8P0 953 549 K

It is indeed, providing the Highline ECU is prefixed with 8P0.

Only parts you'll need is the MFSW itself and the new Airbag harness, which will allow you to plug in the MFSW, this part is about £20 from the dealers. You'll also need to code the MFSW in the Steering Wheel-16 channel and Radio-56 channel to accept the MFSW.

You wouldn't have a part number for the Airbag harness would you? This goes for the S3 multi function wheel aswell as the standard multi function wheel?

Have you checked you have the correct slipring?

Well spotted Shane. If you don't know what slipring you have post your current ECU you have installed and I'll be able to tell you if you need it changing. This is aimed towards Pablo, there will be no need for Rob to check as having a Highline ECU his slipring will be fine.

If not I have a multifunction slipring spare for sale (bought by mistake, for some reason I thought mine was wrong but it wasn't)

Thank you for the advice everybody!
jb0o: i will get this info for you... skipping forward do you know if i can use my copy of VCDS-lite to change the two module codes after the install?

Thought as much, fortunately one of my friends has the full version. Again thank you for your help.
Maybe a guide will come along at some point... lol :D