wrong car

treblesykes

Reaction score
a rep i deal with just picked up his new a3 sportback sport as a lease vehicle, but he thought the sport in sportback meant sports spec so he never ordered sports as an extra. He has ended up with the most basic a3 you can get! Audi want 6K to swap it for what he should have ordered.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

One born every minute.

But he won't be the first. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

humm...

help the guy out....

send it back as wrong spec and unwanted..

money back and then he can reorder the spec he wants...
no loss..

Got to feel for the guy, we all like our cars and the anticipation everytime we wait for a brand spanker, only to arrive to collect a spec that you didn't want / realise.

Guy I work with says to me every time we are out and about and see a Sportback:

"Look there's an S-Line like yours"

I began explaining that 5 door A3's are not all S-Line, but they are called sportbacks... after about the 3rd time I gave up and now just agree, "Oh yes, so it is... looks nice in silver"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif ha ha haa, that is damn funny... that said it is really annoying trying to tell my insurance company, "yeah, its a Sportback Sport"... if you only get someone with half a brain cell on the other side of the phone, it can take a while!!! Must be the German sense of humour that thought it up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

richy, send back a car with wrong spec, when it's actually right spec? Must be interesting to explain. He did get what he ordered /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But yeah, the naming is interesting, but only applies to UK. In everywhere else, it would be Sportback Ambition, not Sportback Sport.

- Yak

But the attraction of his basic sportback left him with no driving ambition and just a ambiente headache. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

To be fair to the guy (although it is quite funny) he probably dealt with a leasing company rather than a dealer.
You have to be so careful.
For example,when I got the paperwork through from the leasing company for my forthcoming sportback DSG the order for said "auto".
I wasn't taking any chances so I scored that out and put DSG in huge black letters instead !.
I'd rather they tutted and thought I was a pedantic plonker than get the wrong spec.