Valve springs changed gat same problem

l6rth

Reaction score
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Hi all,

Some of you may know I have had my exaust valve springs changed,but to my disappointment the car still has the same problem,hesitation under hard acceleration,any ideas.warranty runs out tomorrow.seriously annoyed

It will still be covered as you have raised the issue within warranty, go back & say its still not fixed & if they argue warranty, which they probably wont, then state it was brought to them within, so they are obliged to rectify it.

coil packs,,plugs,,new diverter value, check hoses for splits , make sure your cai hose to turbo is on tight,,vagcom to check faults,,maf ,....

The car was suppose to be checked after the work was carried out,they obviously did drive it properly.I was so annoy this morning I even contemplated p exing it,I've only had it 6 months.they only thing I liked the look of was a tts.anyway I'm not doing that but surely they would have vagcomed it before returning it to me.coil packs and plugs won't be warranty so is there a better set to get if that is the problem?what about a map problem?

Is it mapped & if so who by.

Exhaust valve spring issue may not even show an error, it may show a misfire fault on cylinder 3, but then again it may not as some havnt had but had the same fault & recall work done.

Look dont worry about these issues atm, get back to dealer, then see what outcome is before jumping to conclusions.

The exaust valve springs in the head have been done,just annoyed it's been returned faulty so was wondering what it could be that isn't wWarranarty covered
Thanks for the help
No remap "yet"

Then you have to ask why did they do the springs for that fault if it isnt the cause, it was taken to them with that fault, how did they diagnose them being the issue is what mystifies me as if you notice the issue already then I bet they didnt road test it either at all or properly, its not fixed so go back, simples.

I already emailed just to make sure,they didn't recognise the fault at first then I reexpained,the thing with the valve springs is that it is a product inhancement not a warranty job If that makes a difference

Enhancement my assssse, audi dont recall things to enhance, they recall due to there feck ups, it is warranty because it causes issues like this on these cars, my mates S3 doesnt show a recall for these, but he has the exact same issue, so tomorrow gonna swap out his plugs as they have changed his coils foc already, under a recall aswell, nope sorry meant enhancement lmfao.

I had this issue, took it to REVO HQ, turned out it was a combination of the PCV leaking , so fitted a BSH blanking plug thing , but mainly was running too rich, i drove it home with the map leaned out and was way better.